My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, July 22, 2013

To Disco Bay and Back

Just got back from Disco Bay to pick up the four teenagers from their  5-day camping trip. They had a lot of fun but I think they were happy to get home too.  Maddie especially missed her electronics. No service where they were.

Sure was a lot of traffic both ways. And lots of road construction too.  One nice thing was a parade of classic cars coming towards us most of the way home. Never did find out where the car show  was.

The outfit where I sent my book to be printed called and said my pdf files were fine and the book was good to go.  I was so relieved.  If they arrive before I head in for the county fair on the 9th, I'll bring a stack to leave at Don's Pharmacy.  Think I may pack a bunch around with me too.  Easy enough to hawk them as I tour the fair booths, and buzz around town.

Made a small batch of chocolate chip cookies yesterday. Found this recipe in my cookbook (the one I made) that I had never tried.  I was very pleased with them too as the prep was super quick.

1/3 C. butter or margarine
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla

Beat the above ingredients and add:

1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup Equal (I suppose you could use sugar too)

Stir in:
3/4  cup flour
1/8 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
then stir in:
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Drop on ungreased (but I greased mine) cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 10-13 minutes.  Only made about 18 cookies but that was plenty.

My cousin, Cindy, in Gig Harbor is having two weddings this summer. Her son is marrying in August and her daughter in September. Here's Mirinda with some friends in Portland. She's the one who is a flight attendant.
I started my photo project this morning and I'm really having a lot of fun with it. Going to take me a while to get it done, though. I have so many folders within folders of when I was just finding a spot to put anything anywhere.  It is kind of neat to see pictures I'd forgotten about, though.  Here's one of Maizy, the dog who was a delight to photograph but who was a devil dog to live with. Jenni had to give him to another family because he was destroying her house.  They're much happier with Sammy now.




No comments:

Post a Comment