My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Sunday Morning

Even though it's a bit overcast out there, I suspect it's gonna be warm when it burns off.  I got a late start riding my bike this morning and since I have a few chores to attend to, I thought I'd just ride up and down my street.  As usual, it was my upper arms hurting more than anything else but I gave up after 15 minutes because I was way too warm.  I wonder if I'll ever reach that stage of life when I can wear shorts and don't care how it looks.  I'll probably  never see that day.  Awful hard having low self-esteem sometimes. 

I'm sitting here with the window open and trying to cool down.  Probably should drink cold water instead of a second cup of coffee.  I sometimes change clothes (and shoes) two or three times a day depending on what I'm doing or how my body temperature is regulating.

I cleaned up my birdhouses a few days back and last time I was at Wal-Mart, I stood there debating on whether or not to buy more seed.  You'd think it would be a whole lot cheaper than it is.  I decided to get some and hoped enough time had lapsed that the pigeons wouldn't come pecking.  Silly me.  This morning I noticed a dozen out there pecking at the ground with one "in charge" who was on the bird feeder flapping his wings to knock more seed out! Grrrr... I decided I'm winning this contest one way or the other.

I emptied all the birdfeeders into one and brought it around to the front of the house where I can watch it from my computer.  I have goldfinch "bags" hanging in this area and one hummingbird feeder.  The deer can't get to the seed in the bags and my solution for keeping them from this bird feeder is to put a note on my pillow to bring in the feeder at night and sit it inside the door.  I do like a challenge sometimes.

I replaced the batteries in four of my solar lights yesterday and now three of them are working great. I'm going to play with the fourth one again today and see if another battery is needed. I may have to check out three other lights as well.  I have 17 altogether.  I liked the way Jenni had hers surrounding their garden so I put 4 around my two trees.
 
Sammy, Jenni and Wayne's dog, spent the night.  He never gives up seeing if I'll relent letting him sleep with me. (he gets to at his house) but no, gramma is mean....use your own bed.  He often sleeps in my back closet in his bed for hours. We think he's part cat.  Last night, though, he thought my recliner was a good spot to sack out.  I was okay with that.
 
About 2:30 I heard my sliding glass door blinds rustling and I knew he was looking to go outside. The screen has a hole in it from when Joe's dog stayed over so Sammy thinks it was made for him.  Anyhow, I got up and let him out.  Then I had to go get my camera.  Darn night setting didn't work that well but if you look real close, you can see Sammy on the left.
He stood on the porch for quite a while with one paw held up.  He usually does that when he's looking stuff over and deciding whether or not to pursue. (I guess?)  Anyhow, he started growling and letting little yaps out and wasn't moving.  Then he went down the steps and slowly approached the solar lights around the two trees.  Every time they would change color, he'd growl again.  He finally got up close and when they weren't running, he decided he was safe.  ha ha ha ha


I finished up my book yesterday.  Walked around in circles trying to get my nerve up to hit Send. It's on it's way, though, and while I'm fairly confident I can sell the copies I had printed, I still worry the pages will turn out the way they're supposed to.  I think it will be interesting read for most people....especially those who never read my blog online.  I should have my delivery in 7-10 days so I might bring a stack of them in on Aug. 9th when I attend the county fair.  (A Port Angeles friend is going with me)

They'll be sold at Don's Pharmacy downtown and through the mail.  I may try to set up a book signing in town too.  Have to check on that.

My ancestry.com subscription expires next weekend but I still intend to work on genealogy using free websites.  Have a lot of stuff to get in order and organized in folders.  I love that part of it.

Today I'm taking the broom outside to sweep down various spider nests I've seen around my fence and gates and eaves.  One came crawling out of the solar light I was working on yesterday and I was a little sissy baby and screamed.  That made me very leery of the rest of the lights I had to open.

Dandelions continue to flourish like dandelions can do.  I've got them especially bad on the two sides of the house.  Hoping Hunter will weed eat for me this week. I wonder if I was to sit out there and dig out each weed one by one with my little weed puller tool, if I could be done with them. They're a foot high in some places and I feel like going to war with them.

 I'm going to Discovery Bay tomorrow to meet Mary with the four kids so she doesn't have to drive all the way to Port Angeles.  Today I'm fixing a pan of enchiladas and sitting down to try and figure out exactly how I want my photos filed.  I could have so many subfolders, I'd get overrun with my desire to have everything neat and tidy.  It'll be fun once I get going, though. Kind of like cleaning out closets. You never know what you're gonna find.

Well, he's probably not going to like it but I think Sammy was scratching way too much yesterday so I'm giving him a bath. Gonna have to use the kitchen sink 'cause I'm not sure I can feel comfortable enough on my knees to use the tub.  We'll see...  Maybe I'll post an after picture of him on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment