My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Man, I'm tired!

Places I went today, things I did, stuff I bought....

Up at 5:30. It was foggy and overcast --perfect for a bike ride so I did about 20 minutes.
Went to Walmart and picked up some flowers and dirt.
Stopped by Olympic Stationers and Pacific Office Equipment to price envelopes for mailing my book. POS was way cheaper so I ordered 100.

Stopped at the post office  to get my book weighed so I'll know how much postage is going to run me. I'd done it once at the substation but I'm never real sure they know what they're doing. Sure enough, the cost came back $2.53 a book instead of $2.32 like they told me.  I think I'm going to keep the cost at $10 per book, and if I have to mail it, then I'll ask $12.50.  Tomorrow I'm going to read up on ISBN numbers and make up my mind one way or the other if I want to invest in one.

Stopped by the library to return  books & DVDs and  make a copy of one of the counted cross stitch designs I liked (a pig). I  asked them about saving pictures from microfiche.  They were all saved in pdf. and Mary had to fix them up for me so I could post on Facebook.  Even though they weren't very clear, I may be able to find other pictures that turn out better. Come to find out, there's a special room with a computer and scanner that allows several ways to save a picture so I'll ask to use that room next time.

Went to Airport Nursery and bought a hot poker plant and two fox gloves. Came home and planted them in the front and moved my hummingbird feeders to the back.  Also planted lobelia, a petunia, and carnations in back deck pots. Decided to transplant my two Xmas cactus plants in my large cup as they weren't doing that well in the pots I had them in.


                                                 fox glove plants.  I can't wait till they bloom
 
I stopped by the print shop to get a second copy of my book (for edit purposes) and they put a coil binder on it for me.  That will make it easier to look for typos.  The actual book will be bound, however; not coil bound.  I loved seeing how it's going to look. It will be 6x9 when it's ready for sale.
 
 
All the sweat I worked up outside made my "curled-when-I-got-up-this-morning" hair turn into its usual rats nest.  I decided the hell with and ran down to get a quick haircut.  Sure feels better.
 
Wayne stopped in so I fed him lunch. Tuna sandwich and lemonade.  At one point during my errands I took this road that I thought would bring me up to the highway and heading towards the library.  It wound around and around and I could see I was outside the city limits.  Saw a fire station saying Black Diamond and while I figured it would hit the highway eventually, I knew I was going to be way out in the sticks so I turned around and headed back.
 
Tomorrow I'm going to take things easier.  Got some studying to do about publishing my book, and I think I'm going to look over recipes on facebook.  My dinner menus have been boring as hell lately and I need to try something new. Lots of interesting stuff showing up on there and I've been saving them regularly.
 
Here's a picture of a hummingbird that found my crocosmia on the porch. This is why I like summer.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment