My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th of July!

Got up early and went bike riding for 15 minutes.  Second morning and while my speed is what you'd expect an old fat lady to be doing, I hope to make progress over time.  Right now I'm just pedaling down the alley for two blocks and then up and down my street a couple times.

Decided to run errands early today.  Made six stops in an hour and a half.  I keep forgetting how handy dandy that Dollar Tree Store is.  Good buys on so many items. Especially birthday cards. You can't beat 2/$1.

Stopped to visit the grandkids' other grandma, Kathy, and boy am I glad I did.  She gave me a dozen containers of frozen raspberries and blackberries.  SCORE!  Happy birthday to her and my brother, Les, and my half-sister, JoAnn in Pennsylvania.  Oh, and happy birthday to America too!

I might head downtown at 5:30 and watch the parade. Will wait and see how I feel.  Jenni will walk Sammy in it and Hunter may or may not be in too.  He hasn't decided.  I may just go to get some pictures and look around.

I'm sure glad I started my book when I did.  I had pulled all the comments from readers off the internet as I intend to use most of them.  Yesterday, when I went back to Google to check on a particular topic I'd written on, the blogs were gone.  I was able to retrieve them again using the Leader's website search engine (they have a new format now) but all the comments didn't merge over to their new system so I'm not able to refer to them.  Thankfully, I did cut and paste all of the comments a few weeks ago to my hard drive.  Whew!  Close one.

I plan to continue to edit all next week. Still waiting on a couple of pictures so I may make some follow-up calls.  Digger O'Dell's daughter, Shirley, lives not too far from here and he was one of the people I wanted to include a photo of.


No comments:

Post a Comment