My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, July 1, 2013

Monday in July

Sure was tricky getting a good nights' sleep last night.  I managed but kept the window open  and had a fan running most of the time.  Because I was drinking all day (make that... keeping myself hydrated), I bet I was up every hour and a half to hit the bathroom.  And every single time, I'd remember a very vivid dream.  Lots of interesting things going on. Every dream was different.  I wonder if I dream like that every night. I bet I do.

It was a bit foggy and breezy at 7 a.m. and I hoped that meant it was going to be cooler today.  Now, at 4 pm, I am fairly comfortable.  There's a cross breeze flowing through, and I have four fans purring away.  Only discomfort is my left upper arm/shoulder bursitis that's been plaguing me off and on for weeks.  I thought for sure the cortisone shot would do the trick but not this time.  I even rubbed on some Ben-Gay last night to see if it would help.  I think it did but I'm not positive.

Hunter's been working steadily on rebuilding this old tractor his grandpa gave him.  It's almost ready too.  I asked him today what exactly this tractor does and he said "Everything!"  Cuts grass, rototills, shovels snow, plows gardens......  so proud of him!  And he's not even 13 yet!

I drove over and picked him and Sammy up so he could cut my grass.  He couldn't believe how high it was in the back since the last time he mowed it.   I told him to cut without the bag so it would be easier to finish.

Found some pictures of my granddaughter, Catie, on Facebook today so thought I would post them on my blog.
Here are two at her half-sister's wedding in Utah recently. She's standing just to the right of the bride.
The second photo is her giving a toast.


And here she is getting ready to support Gay Pride festivities in downtown Seattle. I guess she had a pretty good time from what I saw on Facebook.
Guess I'll head out to the recliner now. I think I feel a nap comin' on.

No comments:

Post a Comment