My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, March 31, 2014

Last day of March already

Looking forward to my chiropractor appointment this afternoon.  I'm hoping he'll have some suggestions for neck exercises to alleviate vertigo.

I got up at 7 (very achy and sore) and one look in the mirror made me sad.  I looked like I hadn't slept and had been beat up with a stick.  I took a shower, brewed a pot of coffee, and rearranged the living room to help me feel better.  I know.  Dumb.  Then I took an hour nap in my recliner.  What a waste of time.  I like naps but don't appreciate needing one as soon as I get up!

Noticed a 'for sale' sign on the end lot of my side of the street this morning.  Wonder if he's going to try and sell the whole block across the street too.  I did talk to a tree worker this morning and they're not going to punch  road through; just harvest the trees and leave a walking area for people.  I hope it's flat enough to ride a bike too.  Right now they have a layer of HUGE rocks (for the big machinery they've brought in) and they're so rocky, I doubt I could even walk on them without twisting my ankle.  Course I'm not entirely ready for my bike yet either -- but I plan to get on it pretty soon.

I've been thinking about my next Leader blog. I plan to post it on the PTHS alumni blog first and then on the Town Kid blog.  Will discuss the school team name being changed and how I DON'T agree with it.

Been watching 'Dexter'  on Netflix and I'm so totally hooked.  Last night I gasped at the ending.  They've had some terrific twists and turns.  Keith Carradine was just killed off (he was a good guy) and Jimmy Smits was disposed of (bad guy) and next will be John Lithgow (a really bad guy).  It's a gruesome premise for a show but the writing is so dang good, you can't help but cheer for Dexter.  He basically kills serial killers.  More than once, the subtle lines he comes out with make me laugh out loud.

I'm continuing to spend a lot of time looking on genealogy websites for clues on ole Charlie Blankenship.  I'm getting awfully discouraged.  You wouldn't believe how many Charlie Blankenships there are.

Later on....

Had a good chiro session. At least I don't hurt right now.  Am keeping my fingers crossed that he'll be able to fix me up.  I go in again on Thursday morning and have an afternoon appt with a massage therapist for my neck and shoulders.

Got a Leanin'Tree card catalog in the mail today and had to laugh at a couple of them.  I may even send for them.  The 'get well' that caught my eye said: I hear you've been sick........
If you die, can I have your stuff?

Now, that's funny.  The birthday one said:  I went to get you a nice birthday cake and I brought it home..... I forget what happened after that.

Here's two pics I saw on Facebook today that I liked. Thanks Andy.

                                                             a special Easter egg tree


No comments:

Post a Comment