My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, July 22, 2011

End of the week

Well, here it is....Friday again.  Today I think I'll run over to Walmart. I'm having Sue and her husband and his folks to dinner on Sunday and I need to buy all the ingredients to make supper. Plan on lasagna, garlic bread, salad, and dessert.  Maybe we'll even get to eat out on the deck.  I hardly ever fix a nice dinner anymore. Hope I can manage.  Ha!

Watched Blue Valentine last night, and liked it a lot.  Ryan Gosling was terrific.  So was Michelle Williams.  Made me a little teary at the end. Just when I think I might not find anything worth watching on Netflix, I browse a little deeper and manage to add half a dozen more.

While looking for car pictures yesterday, I came across this one of Ruth and me with Hef. He really thought he was hot stuff but I wasn't impressed.
My daughter was in a meeting at work and emailed me a picture she took on her phone. The motivational speaker was John Curley. Speech was: "How to change your luck in 7/10 of a second."  She said he was quite good.

And here's one I found of cousins Jimmy and Linda in their yard. Probably taken in 1962 or 1963. That two-story house in the background belonged to neighbor, Mary McCullem.  It burned down and now my cousin, Tyler Johnson, lives on that corner with his family.
Well, guess I'll get my shopping list together and head across town. Kids are due back from camp today but not sure if they're coming here or to the other grandma's house. I need to make an appt with a podiatrist today too.  Wonder how long before I can get in.  I've decided if I'm going to be paying out these high medical premiums, I might as well see a doctor when something is out of whack.

No comments:

Post a Comment