My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, July 22, 2011

Wal-Mart sucks a lot of the time!

Nothing like a trip to Walmart to perk up the day.  Place is too big to navigate for one thing. I went to the return desk to exchange a bike helmet for Jenni. The girl told me to go get another and bring it back to the desk so she could do paper work.  Of course when I got back, I'm 4th in line and she's working ever so slowly. In earlier days, a kid might have run to retrieve a new helment for an  old lady.

I turn around to the lady behind me and say: "I just hate this store sometimes!"  We immediately bonded as she told me it's not near as good a store as it was when they were smaller. Customer service has taken a nose dive and like me, she waits until her list is long enough to make the trip worthwhile.

By the time I got to the front of the line, the cash register ran out of paper so the clerk monkeyed around with that. Kept putting the paper in backwards.  Then I have to show my drivers license and sign a return receipt.  What a bunch of baloney!

And I've noticed the food prices aren't that great anymore either.  When I get to the checkout lines, there's two open. People lining up everywhere.  Most opt out to try and check themselves out. I wasn't about to as I had way too much.

I'd brought my own bags so the clerk proceeds to fill them so heavy, I can't lift them off the counter. I make her take some stuff out.  And my stop at the pharmacy was a bust too.  I presented the prescription for eye drops and they not only didn't have it in stock, they don't have the generic either and want to order it. When she said it was $70, I decided the hell with that jazz. I'll buy over the counter drops.

I went to YouTube and was surprised at the dozens and dozens of videos you could watch about Walmart.  Some were terribly gross. This one wasn't too bad....

No comments:

Post a Comment