My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Old pictures

I saw a picture on Facebook of my nephew, John. (son of my brother, Les) Good looking kid and it motivated me to pull out picture albums to look at other male relatives and notice how many looked alike.  My brother and my cousin, Jimmy, are sons of twins so I guess it's only natural their kids might look alike.

Some of my boy cousins have always reminded me of other uncles and great uncles. For example....
Pictured here is my great uncle John (brother of my grandpa, Lew Gene), my grandpa Gene and my uncle Jim and dad, John.  Sadly, this picture is kind of blurry.

This is my dad and Jim at about age 13. Also pictured are their cousins, Bob & Claude Walker and Joan & Lee Arey.


                                      This is dad and Jim on Mt. Walker in the late 30's

Les & Jimmy as teens


                                                     Jimmy & Les in their 40's

                             

Jimmy's son, Jason (who's 32 today)                                        Les' son, Johnny

I guess I'm in a reflective mood this weekend.    July is a birthday month for several relatives.....
the twin grandchildren will be 11 tomorrow, my brother and half sister were born on July 4th, my sis turns 65 on July 30th, my aunt Velna would have been 106 yesterday, and my cousins Claude Walker and Joan Dubberly would have been 81 this week.

I decided I was going to have a day of leisure this Sunday in the middle of July.  I have a jigsaw puzzle I hope to finish up, crossword puzzles scattered on the dining room table, a cross stitch project half done, a book on tape to wrap up so I can start another, and (if I feel like it) a sod-removing project off the back porch.  But that's only if I'm in the mood.  I should have the sod ready for new soil and seed by the end of the week.

The twins leave for camp today.  I shot a couple of short videos at their birthday party
Yvonne and I have decided to take in a matinee this afternoon so I'd best get my hat. Gonna see Tom Hanks' latest, Larry Crowne. Can't usually go wrong with a Tom Hanks flick.  Tomorrow morning is another dentist appointment bright and early so I suppose I won't feel like doing a heck of a lot then either.

No comments:

Post a Comment