My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Oh Joy! Thank you Lord!

As I turned to head up my street this morning after leaving the dentist office, I noticed a flatbed truck parked near my house. "Wonder what that is", I muttered to myself.

 As I got closer, I realized it was a man with a tractor mowing down the scotch broom.  He was standing on the street (trying to figure out where the five electric boxes might be) and I slowed, rolled down my window, and yelled:  "I THINK I LOVE YOU!"

He grinned and said it was probably going to take two days to get the job finished. I asked him if the owner was going to start building. He said he didn't know about that but he may have been getting some static from the city to get rid of the stuff.  It's a happy day. ( called Hunter at his other gramma's house to tell him about it, and I think he was excited too.)

I feel kind of sorry for Mr. Tractor Man. He plows down one row slowly as that stuff doesn't cut easily and then he has to walk back through and see if he can spot a power box.  Not a fun way to make a living.  I don't imagine the birds are particularly thrilled, however.

I stopped at Safeway to buy a couple items and noticed these plant stakes on sale for $1.99. I thought they were terribly pretty so I bought three of them.
Well, I've got a free day ahead of me. Think I'll write Harry Gauthier a birthday note (his daughter is throwing him a party on Saturday but I can't make it) and then I'll start another blog posting for the Leader.  Mary gave me some Redskin Review high school papers from 1981 so I'm going to share some of those articles.

Then it will be sewing while I listen to a book on tape, a tiny bit of ironing, and relaxing with a crossword puzzle.  Ahhh...retirement can be blissful.

No comments:

Post a Comment