My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Rearranging

Hunter just cooked some popcorn in the microwave and boy, does it smell good. I didn't think I wanted any but ended up taking about a cup. I hardly ever make popcorn and I don't know why. I do love it.

I spent about a half hour sorting photos again. Figured if I kept at it little by little, it wouldn't become a project that required too much time.  I often get into my photo boxes to look for something or another and if I'm in a hurry, I don't file them back where they belong.  My pictures project has taken on a life of its own.  I have a few albums, three photo boxes sorted by category, and hundreds and hundreds on disk and hard drive.  I do intend to get them sorted just the way I want them.

And eventually, I'm going to use several in a family and friend memoir.  I'm still playing around with ideas in my head of how I want to put it together.

Yesterday I kept hunting for a Tupperware lid for this oblong container I had put picnic sandwiches in.  I thought it might be buried in my pan and skillet shelves and I didn't have anybody here to get down on their knees and crawl back in there to look.  Never did locate it.
I got to thinking about how often I get into my various baking and cookie pans and how I'm always struggling to retrieve something that has worked itself to the back.

Not sure why it took me so long to decide to rearrange where I keep stuff in the kitchen. I think you just get used to something being in one spot and you deal with the inconvenience.  I'm now using space more suited to the needs of my body not wanting to squat or get on all fours.  And to think I had perfectly fine shelving in the hallway that was chest high--and empty.

I got other little odds and ends done today as well. Hemmed a pair of pants, ironed two pieces of clothing, started a cross stitch wall hanging, cleaned the refrigerator shelves, took the memory foam off my mattress, picked some peas, watered the grass, mailed 20 disks out, sat in Jenni's house for over an hour while the plumber installed a new hot water tank, and rehung the wind chime over my bed so it wasn't directly over my face.  I hope to die in bed someday but am not particularly fond of dying with a sharp chime piece coming down on my skull. ha ha


Sammy is in here with me now watching the kids ride their bikes in the street. I know he'd like to be out there too but my foot is keeping me from walks right now. Will be interesting to find out if it's broken toes again.  I did pull out the walking boot I had a few years ago and it was for the same foot causing me grief now.  I won't be that surprised if the doctor diagnoses broken toes.
I had a VHS tape playing in the VCR that was 50's music.  I just loved it when Hunter said:  "Hey! I like that song.  He really sings good."   (Buddy Holly - That'll be the Day) Later, when I asked Maddie to help me sort pictures, she said:  "Well, okay, but can we change the channel? That music is annoying."   hee hee

I've been trying for weeks to take some good pictures of the gold finches feeding out front. Yesterday, by carefully hiding myself behind the cracked door, I caught this one.
Well, I'm too tired to write a Leader blog today but maybe tomorrow when I get back from the dentist.

No comments:

Post a Comment