My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Where'd he go?

I waited all day for Mr. Tractor Man to show up and work on cutting down more scotch broom but he never did show.  I hope he didn't decide the job was to much.

I spent about an hour and a half to two hours pulling weeds and tidying up the front garden area.  Amazes me how much work is required for such a little area.  Hunter and I emptied two full wheelbarrows of weeds, and I could have easily put in another hour. 

Tomorrow I may work on the side of the house.  I can only do small areas at a time before my back and knees give out. Thank God for the little campstool I have.  I don't know why I'm so tired. It's only a little after 8 pm and I feel like I need to go to bed.  I suspect the fact that I wake up several times a night is depriving me of needed rest. I bet I turn over 17 times or more.  I'm thinking maybe I should try to work a nap in now and then. It might help me stay up longer at night.  I know.  Whine...whine...whine.  And I've yawned four times since writing this paragraph.

My Netflix movie last night was 'Barney's Version' with Paul Giamatti. I really liked it A LOT!

Jenni asked me tonight if I felt comfortable driving a stick in case she needed a rest while driving this weekend.  I was pretty sure I could drive a stick since that's what I learned on but we decided to have me drive around the block to see.  I guess it's kind of like riding a bike....once you do it, you can always do it.

Television was irritating AGAIN today.  If I have to hear those three seniors saying "What were you thinking?" in regards to writing your congressman about the health bill, I think I'll puke! Some organization obviously has too much money in their coffer to have that annoying commercial run several times a day for weeks on end. 

And dear God, do we really have to hear about Jennifer Lopez divorcing her husband, Arnold's son being hurt in a accident and Oprah helping Marie through the throng of reporters, or Paris Hilton being warned not to go near the riot area, or hearing about Amy Winehouse maybe dying because she quit drinking?

I don't understand all the hoopla about the politicians fighting each other about the budget and taxes, etc.  I vaguely understand some of it but actually, it's confusing to me.  Why are we in danger of being in arrears?  I thought WE were the country giving giving giving to everyone else all the time.  All of a sudden, our credit rating is going down the toilet? 

What I do know is that I'm pretty sure those fatcats are going to make my Edwards Jones money go down.  I'm not as informed as I should be about how stocks work. I do know they go up and down and that they want us to sit it out.  Like what else am I going to do?!

Okay. Enough complaining for tonight. Time to hit the sack.

No comments:

Post a Comment