My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I guess I need a nap

Last night as I sat watching a movie, I found myself yawning and yawning and yawning.  Okay, I said.... off to bed old girl!

I slept for a couple of hours and then guess who rolled over and woke up with insomnia!  I just hate it when that happens.  Since my shoulders were achy, my ears were ringing, and I was in a crappy mood, I decided to get up and read.  I made some cocoa, toasted a bagel, and curled up in the recliner with my latest book from the library. (Let Me Finish--a biography by Roger Angell)

I had decided I would finish out the night in the recliner if need be but the sandman made his appearance around 2 a.m. so I crawled back in bed until 7:30 this morning.  My ears are still ringing, my eyes continue to feel scratchy and uncomfortable, and I think I'm out of sorts because of irregularity.  Ahhhh...the joy of the senior years. Such a pleasant time of life.

I did decide it was time to make an opthomologist appointment, though. Getting weary of putting in eye drops and want to make sure nothing else is going on.  Am waiting for the optometrist to call me back and recommend a Sequim guy as I don't care for the way the PA office is run.

I'm tired and listless but I kind of knew that would happen what with my sleep pattern so screwed up last night.  Maybe I'll get a nap in this afternoon. Sometimes I can drop off easily and other times I can't. 

The movie I was watching was a 50 cent VHS offering the gift shop at the library had for sale. They had quite a few 50 cent videos and I bought four.  The one last night (I'll finish it today) was quite good.  A 1991 film called Strangers in Good Company. It's about a busload of older women who become stranded in an isolated part of the Canadian countryside. As they await rescue in a nearby deserted farmhouse, they reflect on their lives through a mostly ad-libbed script.  I'll watch it again for sure.

I started browsing some writing websites this morning that I had copied down from a Writers Digest magazine.  I signed up for the first one as it looked interesting.  You can post anything from poetry to diary notes to short stories.  You can add photos too and you're automatically entered in a monthly contest to win $100.  Seems to have a whole lot of contributors from all over. My link is www.ourecho.com/joyce61.   Put it in your favorites as I may post there frequently depending on what I'm working on.

Well, I guess I'll mosey on outside and see if I can't get a little bit more of the sod clawed up near the back porch.  I think I'll pull out the bike too and see if I can't convince my body that it really does want to exercise.

I've posted this particular video before but I love watching them so I'm posting it again.



And this is another repeat that I like...

No comments:

Post a Comment