My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Saturday morning around the house and yard

I got up a few minutes past 7 a.m. and decided it was time to put the memory foam back on my bed.  Body has been terribly achy all this week.  Which is nothing new, I guess. Seems like my body is always ailing me in one spot or another.  Sure am glad I made a podiatrist appointment yesterday as the bottom of my foot continues to hurt.  Can't get in for 11 days but just as well. If it still hurts by that time, I'll know for sure an appointment was necessary.  Doesn't hurt to touch but there's a gnawing ache  and it looks swollen in that area.  I found a piece of foam to stick inside my shoe for now as I can tell it's not the kind of ache that soaking will help.

I wonder if I've broken a couple of toes again.  I did that a few years back but never did establish how I did it.  Just old bones I guess.  Old bones that are probably none too happy carrying around  this overweight body.  But then again, if you've got weak bones, you can just as easily break a toe being a skinny minny.  At least that what the doctor told me.

I forced myself to keep moving and keep busy this morning but I was almost tempted to give in and settle into the recliner.  Sitting here right now is just another excuse to not be up and about but I have completed some tasks.  (here comes the boring part so you can scroll thru fast if you want; I'll completely understand).

I retrieved  the memory foam out of the closet and pulled it thru the house to toss up on the mattress. Then I put on clean sheets, washed a load of laundry, did up the dishes, rearranged some knickknacks (have to accomodate the OCD when it hits), watered the flowers outside and took pictures, rearranged the bird feeders so I can see them better from my window, wrote a couple of emails, called my son-in-law to beg a favor, put fresh finch food in a feeder, took my vitamins, and settled down to blog with a cup of coffee, piece of toast, and a yogurt.

If Wayne has time this afternoon, I'm hoping he'll help me load up some dirt from the airport nursery for the strip of lawn off the backporch where I want to plant good grass seed.
I can't judge how much topsoil it needs. Probably kind of a silly project-- having a strip of lawn that is nice but you do what you can do.

Here's some other photos I snapped around the yard...

I guess you'd have to enlarge click this one to see it's my peas.

 

I stuck some wild flower seeds in the front of this box and while I don't have any beans yet, I do have a few pretty flowers in bloom.

I can't remember who gave me this rose plant. Maybe my daughter, Mary. I vaguely think I transplanted it from my Green Acres lot.

I really need to write down what seeds I'm planting where since my memory doesn't function that well anymore.  These leaves look like something familiar but I don't know what. Again, you'll have to click enlarge to see them.  I do remember putting some sunflower seeds in this little strip along the fence.  Probably doesn't get enough sun, though. I think I see one sunflower stem in here.

This was a pot in the backyard that I moved to the front. Put some blue flowers in the middle and surrounded them with (I don't know what?) around the outside. Onions maybe?  I notice a little mushroom growing there.  How do they show up?  Was my dirt mossy or something?  I suppose I could google the answer but I'm not sure how to word it.

I filled the birdbath with fresh water and apparently, this finch appreciated the effort.

This is the back of the Clallam County fair shirt that Jenni got for me. I'm wearing it now. Haven't decided if I'll go to the fair or not.  Probably I will since it's more or less across the street from me. Still, it's not as much fun as the Jefferson County Fair.  And I'm going to that on August 12. Try to come by as I'll have a ton of pictures to give away.

Here are five counted cross stitch designs I've finished and will probably make into small wall hangings. I think I'll work on them today. Intend to sew strips of fabric around each one making a quilt-like design for hanging.  Or I may make a couple of greeting cards out of one or two. Only problem is, I'm not real good at crafty stuff like that and my cards usually look kinda lame.

Well, the mail lady just arrived. I got a movie from Netflix (an Anthony Hopkins flick called The Rite) so I guess I know what I'll be doing later tonight.  Tomorrow morning I'm fixing a pan of lasagna, a tossed salad, and a garlic bread for dinner guests.  Oh good...better pictures to share on my blog.

I've asked Jenni if we can take a side trip down to Galvin next Sunday after our stay at Great Wolf Water Park near Chehalis.  Or is it Centralia?  I never can remember. Anyhow, I'm looking forward to that even if Galvin is just a tiny place. Always wanted to see where my dad was born. What I'd really like (if I knew how to do it) would be to figure out where exactly their farm was in Galvin so I could ride by to take pictures.  I wonder if there's a way to research that.  Maybe I'll write to Lewis County genealogical society and see if they know.

No comments:

Post a Comment