My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, July 18, 2011

I made it through the morning

YEA!  Dentist appointment is done. Don't go back until the 27th and then it will just be a quick appointment.  Was in the chair for close to two hours today. Another root canal to fix the second abcess tooth!  I wonder (I hope) that this means my sinus problems might ease up.  I know it's too much to ask but I'm even hoping the tinnitis is nipped in the bud.  Probably not but I'm hoping anyway.

I really like this dentist. And I'm sure he thinks the world of me too.  Especially when I write out the check. You have to pay as you go and my handwriting on my check today looked like I was having a serious heart attack or some kind of medical condition. I could hardly read it.  But then my handwriting has been getting progressively worse over the years anyhow.  I try to type everything.

Sammy was happy to see me. I let him in and now he's sleeping in the corner.  Checked my mail box and it was a treasure chest today.  A Netflix movie (Insidious), a fun catalog to look over, two new toilets for my collection, and then ruining the whole thing was a notice from the cable company.  As usual, they've got their hands in my wallet.

Today they're taking away five channels. The only one I object to is National Geographic but still...  They want me to subscribe to a analog converter.  They keep insisting it's free for a year but I sure didn't see anything about what it costs after that or what the conditions are to get it for a year.  I hate cable.  But I hate satellite even more!  I've always felt TV and Internet should be free.   Unrealistic, of course, and it'll never happen but it would if I was in charge of the world.

Well, guess I'll pull out my checkbook and see about balancing.  Am dreading this.  Unfortunately, I had to fill up on gas after leaving the dentist office so there's another $53.  Everyone must have been empty as the lines were all full.  I went into Safeway and bought a doughnut. Needed something to cheer me up. Sure will be glad when my mouth thaws out so I can eat it.

Here's a picture of my latest toilets. The two today are made of steel and look kind of old.
Also...

Does anybody recognize this guy?  He is in a picture with my dad and uncle hiking up on Mt. Walker in the 30's or 40's. My dad graduated in 1942 so I'm guessing this guy went to school with them. (click to enlarge)

No comments:

Post a Comment