My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, July 25, 2011

They really do grow up too fast

Took a picture of my grandson, Hunter, at North Beach this afternoon. After looking at it on my computer, I realized again that time is passing way too fast.


I made a quick stop by Chetzemoka Park again as I wanted to get some shots of the entrance and the path leading in. It's changed a lot since I was a kid and the road in was twice as wide.



this is the same view but looking out towards the street

the restroom has been upgraded a bit



We had a little birthday picnic at North Beach for my sister but didn't stay too long as it was kind of chilly.  I had walked her dog, Newman, down to the beach and on the way back, two standard poodles thought he looked awfully interesting.

The twins were looking for beach glass and did find a little bit. Had we stayed longer, I'm sure we could have found more.  You can usually always find beach glass at North Beach. Here's Maddie walking up the shoreline.

The kids wanted to visit Elevated Ice Cream to buy candy so we made a trip downtown. Stopped at Penny Saver on the way out of town and ran into Barbara Blowers.

Barb took a picture of me and Virginia with a bumper sticker I'd bought in the store. Unfortunately, though, they were kind of old and the stickiness was gone as they wouldn't adhere to my bumper.  I took it back inside and exchanged it for a lottery ticket.

Well, I'm tired so guess I'll turn off the computer for the night and see how long I can stay up to watch TV.  I'm betting it's not going to be long.  All that driving and fresh air did me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment