My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Taking a Break

Expecting dinner guests today so I decided to get the food prepared and in the fridge.  I put on my VHS tapes of classic country songs and turned it up to sing along as I took my time making supper.
Tossed salad, garlic bread, lemonade, lasagna, and lemon pie. (Which Wayne and I had a piece of yesterday)  It's all in the fridge and dishes are washed so I can relax the rest of the day.  Well, not really.  I still have to go outside and get that grass seed scattered and more topsoil added.  I'll do that in a few minutes and then see if I can't do something with my hair.

Ha! Who am I kidding?!  My hair is a lost cause.

There's a light breeze blowing so it shouldn't be too difficult shoveling dirt around out there. Once that's done, I think I'll settle in at the sewing machine for a while.  Need to remember to keep my front door locked too.

Normally, it's locked all the time.  Just a reminder of these days we live in.  I was outside sweeping the steps and hanging the flag so I had left the door unlocked when I came back in.
As I was working at the range stirring tomato sauce and singing along to my country tunes, I feel someone tap on my shoulder.

I about went through the roof!  There's Maddie grinning at me.  "HI GRAMMA! Whatcha' doin;?"
Needless to say, I gave her a piece of my mind about coming up behind people like that.

'I'M OLD, 'YA KNOW!  YOU TRYIN' TO GIVE ME A HEART ATTACK OR SOMETHING?!"

She smiled sweetly but I know she thought it was funny.  She was bike riding with a girl friend and needed to make a quick stop to pick up some of her favorite candy she knew I had in the candy dish. I bought them because I knew I wouldn't eat them but the twins would. Swedish Fish.

Watched 'The Rite' last night. Horror film about the devil with Anthony Hopkins. Stupid.  Netflix is probably going to go by the wayside before fall sets in. Just too hard to find movies worth the money sometimes.  I do like the variety, however, and if you search you can usually find stuff you haven't seen. My next four are: Barney's Version, 3 backyards, That evening sun, and Accidents Happen.  I haven't heard of any of them except Barney.

I came across Paul Newman's movie 'Cool Hand Luke' on TCM yesterday but it was hard to watch.  I don't like those movies where the bad guys are really bad and never seem to die at the end.  Sometimes I can't watch any movie with bad villians just because it makes me nervous to have to wait until the end of the show  before they get what's comin' to them.

Got a couple of 1981 Redskin Review high school newspapers from my daughter yesterday so I'll have something fun to write about for my next Leader blog. Maybe I'll start work on that this afternoon.

Off to the backyard now. The sooner I get that seed scattered, the sooner I can rest. Here's a picture I took this morning. Sure is hard to catch good photos of those goldfinches. One day there were four or five sitting out there but they disappeared before I could get my camera in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment