My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I hate it when I'm weak!

It's 2 p.m. and if I could figure out a way to do it, I'd kick myself in the butt!  Ohhhhh... Lordy, I hate it when I waste time because of my OCD.  I sat down at the computer around 7:30 a.m. and except for a few breaks to run a quick errand and wash a load of clothes, I've done nothing today except try and figure out who the guest star is with the Leader's contest clues.  It's not the first time I've let this damn contest take over my life.  I've done it three years in a row--and I never seem to get it right. I've entered two names so far and I'm not real confident about either one. But I'm letting it go now.  I have to get back to my other life.

Just opened my mail and it's managed to tick me off too!  One of the envelopes was from Medicare telling me how much they paid to a doctor I saw in February.  Amazes me how they can take half a year to send me this but can quickly take their premium out of my social security check on a monthly basis. Am not especially happy with medicare anyhow after reading about all the fraud that's been going on for years right under their nose. Millions and millions of dollars from crooked doctors.  Or so called doctors.

Didn't take me long to turn off the news this morning once I heard the latest about the scare tactics being used by politicians muttering about how social security checks might be in danger next month. I hate politicians sometimes.  I won't bash Obama because there's already enough people doing that but I must admit, I usually turn him off as soon as I hear him talking. I did the same thing with Bush.  I also turn off Dr. Phil immediately and Judge Judy and Barbara Walters and Dave Letterman and a whole lot of others.

I think I'm in a cranky mood, can you tell?  I guess I'd better try and snap out of it. I think my allergies are causing some of my discomfort today but I'd better get used to that because I suspect this is going to be a way of life.  Most of my problems seem to be from the neck up.  Ha Ha  And yes, I know exactly how that sounds!  But BESIDES the brain, I seem to be dealing with scalp, eyes, nose, ears, face, teeth, gums, and skin issues.

Wish I could get used to this Firefox program and figure out how it works. I think my computer moves along faster when I use it over Windows but it fights me on certain issues too. I guess I've got more studying to do about the mechanics involved.


Well I can't for the life of me remember what I was going to write about today so I guess I'll just go look at my picture file and see what I decided to post.
Here's Sammy begging for a dog treat from Hunter yesterday........
 And this next picture is a project Hunter worked on quite a while yesterday using tools he found in the garage.  Maddie's latest "friend" is Travis and they went bowling a couple days ago. Hunter made her a M & T just so he could use  my electric drill.



This next picture was in the Leader last week showing Catholics marching uptown. The two little altar boys in front are grandchildren of my cousin, Sue Johnson.  Those kids are sooooooo cute.
 This next photo was on the front page of the Port Angeles paper. Shows logs being prepared for shipment to China. I see them every time I come down the hill.
And just for fun, here are two class reunion pictures in my collection.  I sorted through and filed several pictures yesterday and intend to "hopefully" offer many up for freebies at the alumni booth at the county fair next month.  Make sure you come and sift through them as I've got a ton to get rid of.  A lot of my class, of course, but I have several from other classes too.
Here's a reunion of the class of 1965 and 1960.

(and again...click on photo to enlarge and use back arrow at top left to return to blog)

Gotta go post on the alumni blog now and maybe venture outside for a short walk with Sammy. It's been raining off and on all day but a little summer rain won't hurt us, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment