My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Birds & the Peas

Mr. Tractor Man came and worked for a short time again this morning. Not sure why he didn't stay too long.  Took me a while to figure it out but my birds have quit coming around.  I guess I should have expected that since he plowed down their nests.  They'll be back, though.  I put two more feeders in the front so I can watch out this window.  Decided the tree I had them by in the backyard wasn't doing as well as the other tree nearby and I wondered if it was because of the bird feeders.

I spent a couple hours this morning working in the backyard. Pulling weeds and tidying up here and there. Took me a while to straighten the 50' hose sprinkler but I finally managed to get it set up alongside the "grass strip" and out into the very yellow and dried out lawn. The peas were on their way out so I picked the last pods I could find and then pulled out the plants.  The kids helped me shell them and I made a bowl of pea salad.


Hunter and I made a quick Walgreens and Safeway run before I had to take Maddie to the dentist.  I was dragging big time by the time I made my way out to the garage and climbed in the car.  As soon as I sat down, I realized I had forgot my keys.  I asked Hunter to go back inside and retrieve them for me and I sat there yawning and half in a daze wondering if I could get a nap in somewhere.

All of a sudden, my car started beeping LOUDLY!  Was a wonder I didn't have a heart attack. Hunter walks out laughing his head off. He'd set off the alarm because "he just couldn't resist".

I put a small roast in the oven with potatoes and carrots.  As usual, the meat came out tough and not that flavorful.  I had put salt and pepper and Mrs. Dash and garlic and onion all over the little thing but it was nothing to write home about.  I don't know why I can't seem to cook very well anymore.  Even when I put stuff in the crock pot, it doesn't taste that great.  I suppose I could sit down and read a cookbook or watch the cooking channel to get some tips.  At 67 years old, though, you'd think I could cook a roast.

I saw a picture on Facebook that Mary Gaboury's daughter, Kathleen, posted of Lake Tapps. I thought I would post it here and show another picture I took of the lake during the winter time.

Hunter and I ran over to the Airport Nursery to pick up some bird seed and they had goldfish on sale 6 for a dollar. I bought a bag of them and Hunter leant me his fish bowl.  The other two fish I had were in dire need of a house cleaning so we fixed them all up and moved them to the kitchen for better viewing.

Sammy was his usual cute self while we were working away and Hunter took his picture after getting him to beg. What a ham!
Below are some more pictures I took outside the auto museum in Galvin on Sunday morning.







Tomorrow I think I'll take things a little easier.  I know yard work is good exercise but I probably should try to stay off my foot a bit more than I have been. I sure hope the doctor can figure out what's going on down there. I'll see him Thursday morning. And here's the next movie I want to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment