My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, August 11, 2011

I'm using the Mute Button

Sure am happy my remote has a mute button. I'm utilizing it more all the time.  Right now, for example, I really don't care to hear what Starr Jones has to say.  I'd turn the Today Show off altogether if I wasn't curious to see if the picture of my toilet collection gets air time.  Ha ha  (It's all about me, 'ya know)

Yesterday I got next to nothing accomplished.  I just couldn't get motivated to do a thing.  Part of the problem was my joints were sore and achy.  Everytime I got up  out of a chair, I was moaning with discomfort.  I even got on my bike for a bit and rode around out front but that about killed me so I gave up and came back to my computer.  This morning...WA LAAA!  I'm much better.  Always curious why my body goes into shutdown like it did yesterday but I do have a theory.  I think it's related to my bowels.  Yes, you read that right.  I share everything on my blog. Many of my friends will appreciate this.

Everyone knows the discomfort of constipation and diarrhea. I think it's a tie on which one is worse.  As you age, it can become warfare when it comes to staying regular.  One little splurge of eating poorly can alter your whole outlook on life for hours or days afterwards.  Eating right and exercising regularly are topics we've heard about all our lives.  Some people's systems act up early  starting in babyhood, and most older people deal with it on daily basis.  Interesting topic when you stop and think about how our bodies operate. 

A lot of my time yesterday was spent in front of the computer trying to decide what I wanted to work on for my next project.  This led me down all kinds of side roads as I'd stop to research some topic.  I'm leaning more towards my life story.  That is, after all, what interests me most.   I wrote 'The Alphabet of my Life' in 2007 but it was mainly short anecdotes on various subjects having to do with my life.  This next book will cover other things and have more detail. It will also give me a chance to use a lot of the pictures I have on hand.

Although I may change my mind, I've got my life events separated by years..... 1943-1953, 1953-1957, 1958-1963, and so on. Some cover 3 years while others cover 5, 6, or even 10 years. Depends on what I want to talk about.  I love having a project.  Another project I've got playing around in my head is compiling all my Leader blogs about high school topics into a book.  I've posted 84 blogs already and I'm sure I can edit them down to something that would be a fun read.  At least for people who attended PT schools.

Jen dropped off Sammy this morning and said the twins are staying home until I pick them up at 11:30 to take them to her bank. Their grandpa John is driving them to the Bainbridge ferry so they can spend the weekend with Uncle Andy and Aunt Mary.  Maddie called a few mintues ago to tell me she has a "surprise" for me but I can't see it until I pick them up.  Maddie's like me in that she has a hard time keeping a secret. She says:

I'll give you a clue. It's red and white and rhymes with Moogle.  ha ha ha ha ha ha  I have no idea but I bet it's something good.

I watched an interesting Netflix movie last night. Winter in Wartime.  It was a foreign film and had subtitles (which I usually don't care for) but it was partly in English so you could watch it without having to constantly read at the same time.  Pretty good flick. It was filmed in  The Netherlands and got a lot of awards.

Looking forward to tomorrow. Gonna do the Jefferson County Fair. Hope I see lots of people as I'll have my camera handy.  I suspect most go on Saturday and Sunday, though, and we'll be heading home by 2:30.

By the way...if anybody sees a mobile for sale that looks similar to this one, could you buy it for me and I'll reimburse?
It doesn't necessarily have to be boats. I just want one about this size and make. I picked this one up in a gift shop along the Oregon coast back in the mid 80's and I can't find one online. My granddaughter, Catie, has been eyeing mine and asked if she could have it if I ever decide to get rid of it.  I'd like to surprise her with one so she doesn't have to wait until I die.  (hope she doesn't read my blog today)  hee  hee

Later....Okay...my gift from Maddie was a gift certificate for fries from FRUGALS!  I guess that rhymes with Moogle.  ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment