My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Thursday morning

Just finished setting up sprinklers in the front and back yard. Noticed that the areas I was watering (near my new grass) was much greener than the rest of the area and figured I'd best try to water more frequently.

I did manage to get the front and back lawns mowed yesterday. I was near collapse afterwards but once I showered and rested for a while, I was darn pleased with myself.  I'm noticing more and more these days that I have to pay special attention to where and how I walk.  More than once I've tripped on the hose outside and had intense pains shooting through my knees as I tried to catch myself.

I know falling is something older people worry about and I suspect as clumsy as I am when I'm tired that a fall is probably going to be an event in my dreary life sooner or later. How's that for a pessimistic outlook? Ha!  Oh well, I call 'em how I see 'em.

I got a few quilt squares cut out yesterday, a load of laundry washed, and my next blog post for the Leader edited. I'll probably submit it next week sometime.  Think I'll start a couple of apple pies today.  At least the crust fixings so it will be ready to roll out tomorrow.  I'm picking up my sister-in-law, my niece, and sister for a drive to Bainbridge Island where we'll park to walk on the ferry.  Then my granddaughter, Catie, will pick us up for the final leg over to Mary and Andy's house in Renton. 

We'll be celebrating my son, Joe's 40th birthday and from the sound of the menu it's going to be a good feed.  Jenni, Wayne, and the twins may go as well. They were planning on going camping but I'm not sure that's still in the works.  Also attending will be my ex, his wife, her daughter and twins and Joe's girl friend. (who I haven't met yet)  Good picture opportunity, that's for sure.

The neighbors have out-of-town relatives visiting and Sammy is beside himself barking out the window whenever he sees people.  No matter how much I get after him to stop, he just can't break the habit. I finally moved the convenient window bench I had set up for him (don't know why I didn't do it sooner) but since he can stand on two legs quite easily, he still keeps an eye on things.

Gotta go move the sprinklers now. I may write more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment