My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Thursday at the doctor's office

Busy place that podiatrist office.  Mostly old folks like me. I'm glad I went, though. I'd been to this guy several years ago in PT and liked him then. Liked him today too.  He took an x-ray of the problem foot and said if it was broken toes, I'd probably need a cast.  I hadn't planned on that and hoped that wasn't the case. Thankfully, it wasn't fractured toes.  YEA!  He diagnosed metatarsalgia. Put this pad at a certain place under the sole of my shoe.  Also told me my shoes weren't good as they were too flexible.  Sigh.....I haven't had them very long.  I bought them at Penney's just because they were flexible and comfortable. (Easy Spirit) Also said my Crocs were terrible on the feet.  For a long time, though, they were the most comfortable thing for my feet.  Not lately, however.

I did go downtown to the shoe store he suggested and bought the pair he said he wears and recommends. Brooks Addiction.  If it will help, I'll wear them religiously.

Stopped by my neighbor Yvonne's place afterwards so she could give me a key and explain my duties of cat care and such while she's on her Alaskan cruise. She took me to lunch at a Chinese restaurant and then I came home to finish a sewing project.

I didn't get much else done around here.  House got a little warm for a while and it felt better just taking it easy.  It's cloudy outside now and the wind is blowing a bit but high temperatures are forecast for this week and next.  Sure am happy we aren't dealing with the super high temps that many parts of the country are coping with.

The tractor man hasn't been back for a couple of days. Wonder if he's going to finish up the field or leave it be.

My Google trip today took me to Wikipedia to read about Port Townsend and Port Angeles. Population in 2010 for PT was 9113 and for PA it was 19,000.  PT has 85 males for every 100 females and PA has 92 males for every 100 females.

Got one interesting picture in an email today. Pete & Carolyn Schweitzer down in Vancouver, WA (best man and bridesmaid at my wedding) visited Mt. St. Helens and sent a picture of how it looks now.


Well, nothing much else tonight so guess I'll get on my pjs and see how long I can sit up to read. Here's a video I've posted before but certain ones tickle me and I like to see them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment