My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

What goes around.....

This video from Bill Brown was in my email box this morning (after I sent out a slide show I liked on birds making nests). I thought it was worth sharing. It never fails to amaze me how corruption continues to flourish everywhere--and we allow it!  But then, what exactly are we supposed to do?  Sharing it in emails or on blogs may or may not make a difference but stilll..... something needs to happen.



Bill Koepke sent me this in another email and it was also food for thought...

General Electric is planning to move its 115-year-old X-ray division from Waukesha , Wis. , to Beijing . In addition to moving the headquarters, the company will invest $2 billion in China and train more than 65 engineers and create six research centers. This is the same GE that made $5.1 billion in the United States last year, but paid no taxes-the same company that employs more people overseas than it does in the United States .
So let me get this straight. President Obama appointed GE Chairman Jeff Immelt to head his commission on job creation (job czar). Immelt is supposed to help create jobs.
I guess the President forgot to tell him in which country he was supposed to be creating those jobs. If this doesn't show you the total lack of leadership of this President, I don't know what does.


A few days ago I thought taking iboprofen might have been contributing to my tinnitis. Well, I guess not.  The buzzing continues and I haven't taken any pills! I suppose I should have known that was too easy of a fix.

Speaking of fixes, I did break down and make a chiropractor appointment yesterday.  I found myself fighting off depression because I had no motivation to work on any projects. Interesting how you can get into a chiropractor immediately and doctors often have a 3-week wait. But I won't go down that road today. Anyhow, he said I was really out of whack.  I told him everyone already knows that.  Ha!   His records showed I hadn't been in for a year. Funny how time slips away.  I'm going back on Friday for a second adjustment.  Sciatica is still here but then I didn't expect it to go away in minutes.

I've been thinking perhaps I needed a new chair.  My recliner is not overly soft but I had heard that they sometimes aren't good for backs.  I was playing with the idea of getting me a straight back rocker and then using a footstool.  (Yes I know this is totally boring but this is my life, after all)

Last night I realized that my recliner IS A ROCKER!  Just another reminder that I'm losing my memory.  I put a pillow behind my low back and made myself a footrest out of a step stool and a pillow.  I may look around Serenity House and see if I can't locate a nice footrest.  Gotta try little changes here and there to see if I can't help my body adjust to growing older.

I was dozing in my recliner yesterday afternoon and I must have dropped off and started snoring.  I heard a giggle and opened my eyes to see Maddie standing over me grinning from ear to ear.  She apparently thought it was so funny she went to get Hunter and he was standing nearby watching me too.  She started laughing and I said:  "What's so funny? Was I snoring?"
She said "Yeah!"

It took me back in time almost 60 years. I remember my grandpa sleeping in his rocker in the kitchen and trying to catch a few winks.  Being the brats that we were, we'd take a feather and tickle him under his nose or get up close and stare at his nose hair blowing as he exhaled. He'd wake up and cuss us out.  We'd laugh and run outside thinking his snoring was funny.  Ironic how kids find the same things entertaining decades apart.

I picked up a  small $10 TV set at Serenity House yesterday so I'd have one in the guest room. (Didn't realize I had a cable outlet in there) Anyhow, Hunter hooks it up for me and the color is bright and clear.  Only problem was, the channels only went through 36.  Can't return the set, of course, but does anyone know how to get channels 37-66?  If not, I'll just have half a selection in that room.

Nothing much on my agenda today. Kids are at their other gramma's house so it's just me and Sammy. I'm playing with the idea of trying to start the mower and see if I can't get the backyard cut.  Depends on how hard the mower is to start.  Hunter said he was sure he could mow it tomorrow, even with his broken arm, if I could get it started.  We'll see. Maybe I'll just cut the front. It's a lot smaller area.  In fact the more I think about it, the more I think I'd best get on that project now before it gets too hot.

And here's something to get your day moving...



No comments:

Post a Comment