My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, August 29, 2011

The Last Week of August

Not too much on the agenda today. I did what household chores needed doing yesterday. Sammy is outside making sure no one walks down the public alley without him letting them know he's aware of their presence.  All the dogs in the alley do it so you ALWAYS know when someone is afoot or on a bike.  It's a noisy disturbance most of the time and  just another irritant in my list of things that annoy.

Gotta make my second phone call to the courthouse after 5 pm to see if I'm needed for jury duty. Group 1 & 3 had to report today and Group 2 (me) has to call to see if another trial is scheduled. There was a time (a long period of time) when I anxiously awaited a jury summons because I wanted to serve. Seldom did they come. Now, well....I've kinda  lost interest.

On my drive over to Bainbridge Island ferry on Saturday, one of my engine lights on the dashboard came on. If there's anything that sends me into a tailspin, it's having a red light showing on my dash when I'm out of the county.  The manual said: See your dealer immediately.  When we came back from our trip to Renton, the light was off for the drive home. I figure I'd better check into it, though.

I'm getting the oil changed today and if the light reappears, I'll go to a mechanic and see if he can figure out what the problem is. I think sometimes those lights just appear for no reason.  At least that's what I'm telling myself.

I plan to post my second story on my Leader blog today. http://www.ptleader.com/   (TOWN KID) I tried several times yesterday but it kept rejecting my password so hopefully that will be resolved soon.  It's called The Kuhn House & The Swamp Road.

I started a new book last night but fatigue set in before I got too far.  'A Game of Thrones' by George R.R. Martin.  The prologue held my interest immediately so I have high hopes for the 1000+ page novel.  And there are sequels too.

Soccer practice starts for the twins today. I guess Hunter is going even with a broken arm. Only drawback is that each kid goes to a field miles apart. Oh well, that's what grammas are for. It's not like I have anything else going on.

Well, I'm getting sleepy sitting here so guess I'll get up and get moving. Got some quilt squares to sew together and that's a good start.   Think I'll hop on my bike first, though. I'm way overdue in using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment