My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Happy Birthday to my Sister!

Happy Birthday to my sister, Shannon Timbers, over in Sumner. This picture was taken about six years ago at a 40th wedding anniversary for our folks at Discovery View Assisted Living in Port Townsend.
In back: Shannon Timbers, Sue & Mary (my daughters)
In front: Lill Greenwood (my sis-in-law), me and Candy Roffler Smith (another sis-in-law)

Yesterday I was stumbling around like I was ninety years old. Everything hurt and I was cranky. Also very tired. Today, though, I'm rested and perky.  Am walking faster and getting up out of a chair like a normal person.  Amazing what a good nights' sleep will do.  Or maybe it's the adjustment I got from the chiropractor. I went in this morning early.  Anyway, I don't take the good days for granted; am just happy they show up every now and again.

As I started to brew my morning coffee, I saw a couple of fruit flies inside where I dump the water. Talk about grossing me out!  Decided I'd best do something with the brown bananas sitting nearby as I'm sure that's what they were lookin' for. Haven't decided if it's gonna be banana bread or cookies but it's gonna be something--and soon!

Jenni brings Sammy over every morning on her way to work. We have a system where if she drives up and my computer room window blinds are shut, that means I'm still sleeping and she'll put the dog in the back yard.  Usually I'm up but I was very tired yesterday and this morning, I didn't crawl out from under the covers until almost 8 a.m.  I peeked out the blinds and there was Sammy sitting in the sun staring at my window.  I'm sure he was waiting for me to get my act together and retrieve him from the early morning dewy grass.  (he hardly ever has to go straight to the backyard)

An hour later I noticed he threw up three times on my living room carpet.  Just little pukes but enough where I had to spray the carpet cleaner and get it wiped up.  Decided he was going back outside too--especially since the sun was shining and he had a nice bed to snuggle in.  He really had us going yesterday. I had picked up this little toy for him at Swains.

It kind of looks like a dead animal of some sort. Anyhow, the kids threw it to him outside and he took it eagerly. A few minutes later, however,  we couldn't find it. All three of us searched the entire side and back yard. Hunter even crawled under the porch (not an easy task) to see if he had taken it there. It's a large area but all he saw was old nails the house builders dropped, and one tree frog, which he was tempted to grab.

We were stumped.  And I was perterbed because I had laid out $6 for that damn present!  Anyhow, later in the afternoon, I went outside to set the sprinklers and lo and behold, there's Sammy with the toy in his mouth.
I had bought it because his other favorite toy (that blue thing) was almost out of stuffing and was getting more ragged by the day. The new one didn't have stuffing.  He took his new favorite over to my raised flower bed and proceeded to bury it among the petunias.  We laughed our heads off as we knew then exactly where he had hid his toy.  He's got a bone buried in another corner of the yard too and digs it up every once in a while to rebury in another spot.  Kind of like that dog on the Travelers Insurance commerical.  Wonder why they do that anyway?

We cleaned it up a bit and brought it into the house. He was determined to keep it close.
I watched a Netflix movie last night--The Lincoln Lawyer.  I liked it.  Hunter helped me hang a corner shelf earlier in the day. I picked it up at Serenity House for $4 and decided the only corner that would work was one in the bathroom. Hunter arranged my cow collection so I brought in another cow knickknack I had for the back of the toilet.  Yes, this is how I spend my days now--arranging my bathroom with bric-a-brac!


I've been playing Scrabble with three people on Facebook. I avoided all the games for quite a while but Jenni got me playing Scrabble with her and I enjoyed it. Especially since I'm winning. I asked for more people to play with and now I have three games going. Hali Ransom and Vernie Colt are leaving me in the dust with their expertise at the game but that's okay. I'm good at Scrabble and all you need is the right letters. I'll win eventually.  (I think)

Well, I guess I'll do the dog a favor and take him for a walk around the block. Maybe we'll stroll down the alley and get all the neighborhood dogs barking at once.  Am thinking I really need to make the effort to start bike riding again too.  All I need to do is fold it up and drive down to the waterfront trail. Once I get my routine going, it's much easier to stick to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment