My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Sorry about that...

I should know better than to sit down and blog when I'm aching from head to toe. Nobody wants to hear about my pathetic body pains.....and I know it!  But does that stop me?  Nope.

Anyhow, I returned to the back yard because the half-off flowers I bought at Walmart were closer to death than life and I knew I needed to get them in the dirt with some fertilizer and water.  I don't know what I would do without my trusty ole camp stool to sit on for garden chores.
I worked away with the bees a buzzin' all around.  If the kids came out, I promptly put them to work retrieving this or watering that.

I finally got all the petunias planted in pots and the raised flower bed and put everything away so I could turn on the sprinkler.  Tomorrow I intend to RELAX!!!  I'm taping a couple of Joanne Woodward movies on TCM tonight so perhaps I'll sit and watch them and work on my cross stitch.

Here's my before and after....



And here's a video I've posted more than once just because I love it so much. Apparently a lot of people love it because it's been viewed over 34 million times.



And here a quick little news story I came across on Stan Boreson and Sheriff Tex. I used to watch both these guys all the time.  I can't remember now what Sheriff Tex's show offered.  Westerns?  I forget.



1 comment:

  1. Sheriff Tex offered westerns (Lash LaRue, Sunset Carson etc) and played an instrument called the hootenanny..a washboard with various attachments. He also sang(?) a bit. He had kids come to the show as well, especially on their birthdays.

    ReplyDelete