My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, August 12, 2011

Friday at the Fair

I had half a dozen stops to make BEFORE going to the fair this morning.  We got there around 10 and left a little after 2.  It was fun but as I knew I would be, I'm worn out.  It wasn't too hot so that was a good thing but I knew my foot was going to limit my walking and standing to some extent and it did.  I think the exhibits were down a bit this year and the Friday crowd seemed light.  But then Fridays are usually that way.  I took a few pictures throughout the day and will post them below.

Our raffle baskets at the alumni booth sure look terrific. Kris Logue made a second basket this year and it looked awfully interesting.  I bought $5 worth of tickets.  Also boght a white t-shirt, and a black hoodie sweatshirt.

I bought raffle tickets in the rock building and other raffle tickets as I saw them on quilts.  Barbara Shaw and I walked around and then she left once my shift at the booth began. We bought hamburgers at the Rebecca booth and ate them in my car.  I picked up free pens and keychains for the twins and The Leader was giving away handy scratchpads and insulated cups.

Mary Norton and I left and decided to stop at McDonalds for iced tea and a vanilla milkshake for the ride home.  I've got a couple pieces of chicken baking in the oven and I suspect I'm gonna be in bed early tonight.  Tomorrow I'll make a quick Safeway stop and pick up a book at the library.  Sunday Mary N. and I plan to take in a matinee (The Help). Here's the photos I took...

Clarence Lammers

Dana & Brad Madison with their two sons (one in stroller)

Donna & Charlie Freitas


me and Smokey the Bear

Our two booths

me & Barbara Shaw

Mary Norton and Neil & Katie Glessing

Ruth Kvinsland, me and Linda Pedersen

Pat & Carol Plaster

This was one of my favorites. I think it was a 1939 photo in our alumni booth and I'm pretty sure it was taken in a Lincoln School classroom. It's the only picture I've ever seen of the inside of those classrooms. Wish I had more. You had to attend there to understand my fascination with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment