My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, June 22, 2012

Is it summer yet?

I must admit I am getting a little weary of this rainy weather. Still.....if I have to have this or real high temps, I'll take the drizzle any day.

I got up at 4:30 a.m. to see if Birdy needed to go outside.  She did but for whatever reason, something spooked her and she started to bark.  I'm wondering if it was all the birds chirping.  She's a skitterish type and I was dismayed as she barked more and took off running down the side of the house.  I figured she was right under my neighbor's bedroom window.  I don't know why she kept barking...perhaps it was seeing me running in a nightgown.  I suppose that would scare anyone.  Anyhow, I got her back inside and returned to my bed for two more hours.

It took all week but Sammy and Miah finally started wrestling and playing with each other more.  I felt so bad for Birdy because she was on the outside looking in, and Sammy would chase her off if she acted like she wanted to join in the fun.  Sammy definitely ruled the roost while her company was here.  I think Birdy was probably happy to see her go home.  I also think Sammy is going to be relieved to come on Monday and find she has the place to herself.

I'm going to rent a rug shampooer tomorrow.  I haven't really given the place a good shampoo since I lived here but Miah made the job a must this time around.

The kids and I ran some errands this morning. I had about five or six stops and was really happy to get them done. I'd been wanting to get out all week but kept coughing and didn't want to have a choking episode in public.  I'm still using a spittoon but every night sees a little less use. Thank goodness!

I don't know if it's the wet damp weather or what but I suffered all day with left knee, leg, and hip pain.  Getting in and out of the car was pure torture. I even bought a big bottle of Advil while at Walmart instead of the off brand.  Probably didn't need to buy a name brand but when you're suffering that much, I think the name brands might help more, if even just psychologically.  The pain lasted the entire day but is gone now so that makes me think maybe it was triggered by the weather. I never know for sure if that's an old wives tale.  I do know I'm thankful the pills finally kicked in.

I picked up a  book at the library mentioned as a comment on my Leader blog.  'The Walk' was suggested by Joy Bland, and I hope to start it tonight.  I haven't read all week long because I've been so under the weather and tired.

Hunter's been watching his ebay items for sale hoping he'll get more hits. 1967 Buick Skylark car handle and chrome moulding fender piece.  I did manage to sell one book so that was nice.

Here's a cute video I got in an email this afternoon....





And this commercial was from 1937. Double your money back if you aren't satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment