My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Tulips and Tummys

Yesterday while waiting for my 3 pm doctor appt. to roll around, I decided to take advantage of the nice weather and dig up the tulip bulbs in my raised garden bed. There's a whole lot I don't know about growing things in dirt, one of them being my surprise to see all the extra bulbs coming up with my one big bulb.  Do they multiply just sitting there?

I put them in the garage and intend to sort through and clean them up a bit today. Am I supposed to break apart all the bulbs?  I assume so.  I was going to dig up the ones along the fence too but they bloomed later than the flower bed ones and the leaves are still green.  I'd been told not to cut off the stems until they got yellow and dry looking.  I had cut off the dead tulips but then the leaves and stems got nice looking again.  Maybe I'll google it.

I sure like the new doctor I've switched to.  Finally, I can discuss more than one thing at a visit.  She prescribed a prescription nose spray but I'll decide when I get there if I'll buy it.  Some of those sprays can cost upwards of $60 or more and I don't have drug insurance.  She also suggested I take a daily benazepril.  I wonder if that's Allegra.  I'll have to ask the pharmacist, I guess.

My stomach/side pain wasn't around much yesterday but I did jump when she pushed on a certain area. (Today, of course, the pain has returned) I had some blood drawn and she ordered an ultra sound as she suspects gall bladder.  The hospital is supposed to call and schedule the procedure so that's on my agenda for next week.

Turned off the tv earlier than usual this morning.  Just wasn't in the mood for hearing about Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus, or Donald Trump.  The Donald, especially!  He's one of those celebs that I IMMEDIATELY change the channel on or mute the set altogether.  It bugs the hell out of me that the press continues to give him air time.  He's a mean spirited, big mouth, stuck-on-himself blowhard!

I watched the Diamond Jubilee concert last night.  It wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Stevie Wonder has never impressed me much and a few of the stars that did perform seemed to sing songs that didn't deliver. Especially Annie Lennox.  I'll never understand what she was singing about.  Was good to see ole Tom Jones, though.  I think I'll go on youTube and see if I can't find a video of him performing when he was younger.  He still looked mighty good.

I think my favorite part was Prince Charles' speech at the end.  I've always loved listening to him talk.  And I LOVE 'God Save the Queen'.  Terrific tune!  Queen Elizabeth kept her solemn and distinguished manner through it all.  Kind of made me chuckle to see Elton John, Tom Jones, and Paul McCartney standing behind her, though. Sir Paul is aging like the rest of us.  I've always thought he was the cutest of the Beatles but last night, he kind of looked like Howdy Doody.

I've always been interested in stories about the royals.  I should study up on the history of the queens. I only know bits and pieces and I'd really like to be more knowledgeable on the subject.
Well, guess I'll go hunt for whatever bag I'm going to pack for this weekend's activities. Here's Tommy Boy.....

No comments:

Post a Comment