My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Middle Child

Happy Birthday to Daughter #2.  We were living in a small house in Seattle when she arrived. It was a cute little place and in 2008, I revisited the neighborhood to see if the house was still there. It wasn't. In its place was the house pictured below.
I was flabbergasted to say the least.  I started looking over my picture collection to pick a couple of Mary to post.  Decided I would go with the entertainment side of my daughter. Here she is as a teenager practicing in the pink house with Jenny Liden, Candi Lopeman, and Dee Robinson.  I can't, for the life of me, remember what the song was.  The house was always interesting when Mary was a teenager. Fond memories.

A few years ago she helped put together this rock band at work where co-workers and her performed at an employee party.  I saw a video of it once and I must say, they were terrific.  They had the place jumping. Mary is 4th from left.




My brother, Les, came by to visit yesterday. Hadn't seen him in a while so that was nice. I should have taken a picture but I forgot.  I must be slipping.  We ate cinnamon rolls that I had just taken out of the oven. Found this recipe in my "own cookbook" that I had included the last time I put a cookbook together but had never actually tested.  It was a great recipe!  One I'll use again.  Called for the usual flour, sugar, yeast, etc. but with this recipe you didn't have to let the dough rise and roll it out.  Just mix up the ingredients (two packages of quick rising yeast) and then put in a cold oven and turn on the temp gauge.  A half hour later, you have a pan of cinnamon rolls. I frosted them and they were a big hit with the twins too.

Only two more weeks of school for the twins.  They'll come here off and on during the summer but are slowly adapting to staying at home alone a lot of the time.  It's nice that I'm only two blocks away. Hard to believe they'll be in junior high next fall.

I watched Albert Nobbs yesterday.  What an odd movie that was.  Interesting story line but it was kind of slow moving and dark.


Well, the washing machine just finished so I guess I'll transfer the laundry to the dryer. Sun is shining and the wind has died down so perhaps it will be a nice day. It'll be a great day once my doctor appt is over and done with. I usually make my appts. in early morning but I had to take a 3 o'clock time today.

No comments:

Post a Comment