My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

It's windy out there

Ran a few errands this morning and was surprised how much the wind was kicking up. I picked up a dollar movie at Red Box (Albert Nobbs with Glenn Close) and may end up watching it this afternoon since there's a few things showing on TV tonight that interest me.  The Queens Jubilee concert, which I think I'll tape on the Canadian station, design shows on the Home & Garden channel, and a new Storage Wars at 10 o'clock tonight on A&E.

My eyes are sure sensitve to light this week. I wonder if it's allergies.  I'm debating on whether or not to rearrange the computer room.  Will take a lot of work since there's techy gadgets to unplug and plug back in (I hate that!).  Still, sitting here facing the window is bothering my eyes.  Maybe I'll put some eye drops in and see if that helps.  I could close the blinds, I suppose, but I like watching the birds come in to feed and I have to keep an eye on the street as well.  Interesting who strolls by from time to time.

Here's a couple pictures that Hunter took when him and Wayne went hiking this weekend while Jenni and Maddie were at a softball tournament in Lacey.


Mary gave me and Jenni new cell phones this weekend so I acquainted myself again with a flip top model.  Took a few pictures with it as well and chose this one for my home screen.  A cute little knickknack I got for Christmas.

If you get a chance to borrow this book from the library or buy it online, it's well worth a look.   Called 'From the Air-- Olympic Peninsula.' Here's one of Fort Worden and Aberdeen.



Next week I'm counting on feeling better and summer making an appearance. I need to dig up my tulip bulbs to store them in the garage, maybe plant some peas and beans and tomatoes, and of course, try to keep ahead of the weeds that think they own the place. 

Weatherman is saying rain on Saturday. I hope that doesn't include Port Townsend as I have plans to be outdoors a lot of the day.  Oh well, I won't melt.

No comments:

Post a Comment