My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Summer grass and Happy Bday Spike

Have been sitting here at my laptop watching the grass in the vacant lot across the street grow higher every week. The scotch broom is growing in the background. When the wind blows (like it's done a lot this week) that grass becomes even more noticable.
Hunter and I took a ride down to the beach yesterday just to get out of the house.  It's really hard to beachcomb at the spit because it's too rocky and difficult to navigate.

Mary and Andy just got back from a much nicer beach in Florida.  They fortunately flew out before Hurricane Debbie got worse.



I asked the twins yesterday what names they would pick if they had to change their first names.  I told them I'd pick Annie and Mickey for my girl and boy names.  They thought that was corny but I thought their picks were corny too.  Hunter said he'd be Hunter or Tiffany.  Maddie said she'd be Page or Paisley and Oscar.  She thinks Oscar is a really cool name.  She was also considering a girl name of Hunter Ann.  She's funny.

Happy Birthday today to my pal, Lewie Morello up at Diamond Point. Here he is playing piano in 1961 for Mary Gaboury, me, Karen Jovag, and Sharon Lindsey as we performed in a high school assembly.  Not sure why we wore long shirts hanging out and beanies on our head. Probably my idea. My taste in clothes has always been on the edge.  Ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment