My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, December 24, 2012

A Christmas video

Guess what I did after I cleaned house and packed my bag for tomorrow.  I did my floor exercises, took a nap, and watched golf.  ha ha 

I got an email from my cousin, Marlee, with a video attachment and it reminded me that Mary (my daughter) had shown it to me last year. I knew she had something or another to do with it but I couldn't remember what it was so I emailed her to ask again. She wrote:
 
Unfortunately, I didn't have anything to do with the making of that video. I just work with the people that did and they shared all the work stories that went into the making of it.
--The young blond lead singer is/was about 14 or 15 when she did that. She is the daughter of the director or producer. One of those.
--The black woman who had a solo was from a local church group in Chicago. She recruited a number of women from her group to sing.
--They did multiple takes of the song in the mall just outside Chicago.
--I can spot 2-3 people from my team in the video.
My job at TMO is to coordinate the different teams (retail stores, web, TV, digital,, radio, video, internal, PR, customer marketing, etc) so the campaigns look and feel the same. They all tend to work on a campaign by themselves so I get them to talk to each other. Are we showing the phones in the same order and with the same screenshots? Are the headlines consistent? Are the backgrounds the same? You can't use the Ducati motorcycle like that. Did legal approve you to say that? And I also work with 3rd parties like Disney & Marvel on the joint marketing agreements. I send them stuff that like "here's the TV commercial concept" and they give feedback for me to coordinate with the teams like "can't say the movie is free." I also coordinate the launches. if PR announces a new phone or a sale, or media starts a TV or digital campaign, I make sure web team landing page is live. I work on 15-30 campaigns at the same time. Not as exciting as you thought, huh? hahaha boring....but fun.

I hope I don't get in trouble for posting this. Maybe I'll call and ask. Her and Andy are on the way over.  Well, I got a reluctant okay to repost her email. Glad I asked first.  They should be here within a few minutes and we'll head over to Jenni's in a couple of hours.

Maybe I'll post pictures tomorrow.  In fact, I know I will.  It's what I do.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment