My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, December 22, 2012

The Elwha River

John O'Brien stopped in to get some help maneuvering on Facebook. I wasn't able to help that much cause he has a Mac.  We took a drive up to the Elwha River as he wanted to see the dam removal project.  Too cloudy to see much and the roads were closed after we got up there a certain distance.  We stopped to take photos on a small bridge. Hunter went with us too as he knew where the roads were.






 
Tomorrow I have to bake a couple pies, make up a bed for Mary and Andy, start packing a suitcase for my 3-day visit to Renton, and oh yeah, clean the house.  Nothing like having a little company to motivate you to vacuum, dust, and clean the toilets and sink.
 
I always have to make a written list to try and remember everything I want to take along. I don't go out of town often so any time I decide to leave the county, it's a big production.  Have decided to leave my cross stitch and crocheting projects and just take my crossword puzzle book and something to read.  And my camera, of course. I plan to take a few shots of the scenes I don't normally get to see.
 
I'll be able to visit my granddaughter's apartment too as I've only seen pictures so far. It should be a fun time. Mary has a comfortable bed and a big screen tv and we'll probably take in a movie.  When I get back, I'll undecorate the house and maybe see about thinning down the Xmas decorations a bit before I store them up in bins for the garage. I say that every year and then I'm lucky if I can part with two of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment