My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Day After Xmas

Sittin' here at Mary and Andy's kitchen table. Maddie is sitting across from me absorbed in her Kindle Fire HD tablet.  She's in heaven and I hear comments like ...Neat...ohhhh...awesome....(when she's not coming over here to make fun of my hair, that is)

This pic was taken with my cell and she won't even know about it until she sees it here.  Ha Ha  That will teach her to tossle my hair. (she likes seeing it standing on end)

TV is already advertising weight loss programs. Good ole Marie Osmond....I knew it was coming. I'll think about that later.  Mary just left for work but expects to get off early.  Andy is stirring upstairs. Mary says he may take Maddie to the zoo (I'll stay here for that if that's what they decide to do) or he might take her bowling.  I might participate in that. I haven't bowled in years but I think I could handle it.  If nothing else, it will give Maddie and Andy the giggles to watch my butt moving on down the lane.  Ha ha

We plan to go out to dinner at least one night and hit the movie house. The Hobbit I believe.  We'll also go to Southcenter to browse the sales, and I'm going to hook up with classmate, Ann Robson, over in Issaquah.

My bed is totally comfortable and the sheets...well...super nice. Almost like silk. I haven't been to Mary and Andy's since last Christmas so I've got a ton of stuff to look at.  They have such pretty furnishings, cool pictures on the wall; even their dishes are nice.  One of my favorite gifts yesterday was one they give me. They ordered it through Walgreen's photo service. It's a puzzle (in a tin with the picture of the puzzle on the tin) and  inside the puzzle pieces are of the photo selected. She ordered the aerial view of the PT schools back in the 50's that I used on the cover of my book, The Schools on the Hill.  I'm anxious to see it put together and I plan to frame it too.

My favorite from Jen was this wall hanging of elephants. It's made out of tin and is quite impressive. Part of my fascination with it was because I just finished reading 'The Elephant Whisperer' and loved that book.  I'm gonna collect elephants now.  Well, not real ones but you know.... I also got this kit to help you learn chords on your guitar.  I'm anxious to get home and look that over.  I could still be a star, 'ya know.  hee hee

We left P.A. after a wonderful prime rib dinner. I climbed in Mary's car and then remembered I was supposed to drive my car  to Mary Norton's driveway so she doesn't have to take me all the way home next Saturday.  Hunter ended up having to stay home as he was sick with the flu.  He was so disappointed.  I think Jenni was under the weather when we left, as well. 

The trip over was kind of gloomy.  Dark, rainy, cloudy, but no snow except some on the sides of the road around Poulsbo.  Catie and Maddie drove in Catie's car.  Took us about 2-1/2 hrs I think. I was happy to arrive and went to bed by 9.  As I unpacked, I was dismayed to realize I'd left my camera behind.  And I had a very detailed list too!  I'll use my cell phone and my Ipod touch; plus Andy has a nice camera.  Still makes me mad, though.

Well, I've got to get busy on cleaning up my picture files so I guess I'll get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment