My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Chilly Saturday morning


My daughter, Mary, who lives in Renton, sent me a picture of snowflakes falling on her roof this morning.  Just light stuff but still.....  I went outside on my street to take a picture of the frost on my roof and the quiet solitude of my road in the early hours.

Hummingbirds were here feeding early so I made up some fresh nectar to put in their feeders.  Also intend to get out the step stool and clean out the kitchen cabinets of all the plastic containers AND LIDS that are piling up and multiplying on the top shelf.  Think I'll put them all in a box (matching lids with bottoms) and then toss out what I don't need or don't have lids for.  I'm going to clean out the lid drawer while I'm at it. If I don't do it on a regular basis, it becomes a huge irritant to me.  And we can't have that!  ha ha

Have to run a quick errand down to the corner grocery to mail a birthday/Xmas present,and buy some lotto tickets  Later, I'll write a letter and continue cleaning and sorting files on my hard drive. I did manage to clean out my paper receipt shoebox yesterday.  Decided to toss all my electric bills and internet/cable bills.  Not sure why I was keeping the bottom half anyhow.  They were just another reminder of  money slipping through my fingers.

Well, Hunter just called wanting to know if I have any reindeer antlers (for wearing on your head) so guess I'll go pull them out of the Xmas decoration box in the garage.  I have at least half a dozen. Red Xmas hats too.  Good photo props, you know.  Hunter just left. Said they're going downtown to do bell ringing. Meaning they stand outside Safeway and smile by the collection pot.  I think Jenni does that every year for community service.  She's such a good kid.

And here's a video of how I used to dance.  Well, in my dreams maybe.




Oh good....Jenni sent me a picture via her cell phone of Hunter and his friends ringing bells....

No comments:

Post a Comment