My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Early Sunday morning

The washing machine is running, dirty dishes are soaking in the sink, Pandora music channel is playing traditional Christmas songs on the TV, and I just finished a bowl of cereal. Been up since 5:50 a.m. so that means a nap later in the day.  Sitting here with a cup of coffee and waiting for it to get a little lighter outside so I'll feel more like venturing out in the car.  Have to go down to Safeway and get gas although I just might save myself a couple miles and go to the local grocery store instead. The prices aren't that far different, I don't think.

I intend to get both the pumpkin and apple pie cooked up before noon so that's done and out of my hair.  Same with the housework. Might as well throw on the steam early and then I can loaf without guilt. Although I seldom loaf without guilt these days.

I wrote on three blogs yesterday, counting this one. Just got in one of those moods to sit at the laptop and write.  My Town Kid blog on the Leader website is getting harder to come up with subjects. I've written 62 pieces now, but knowing me, I'll keep going for a while longer.  I don't have too much of a problem writing about nothing.  Ha!

I wish I had more family Christmas pictures.  I have a few taken in the past few years (digital cameras have helped a lot with that) but I don't recall seeing any of me or my siblings as kids. I suppose that's because my mother had them all and then lost them in a house fire when she left with her second husband to live in Olympia. Ancient history now, of course, but it still irks me.

I really wish I had at least one picture of one of our Christmas trees when I was growing up. They were never that spectacular but that would be the fun of seeing one. I don't think I even have any of when my kids were young. I did make them all individual photo albums several years ago and I wonder if I put their Christmas pictures in them.  I think I'll hunt around through my inventory later today and see exactly what photos I do have of Christmases past.  Then I'll write a second blog and post them all.  I can hear you now.....antsy with anticipation. Ha ha

And with that, I'm off. Burl Ives is singing Santa Claus is coming to town.  Oh....and here's the photo I tried to post on my Town Kid blog yesterday. I think the size was too large 'cause it wouldn't load. Has to do with Jenni's tree top for several years.

P.S.  A few minutes later....
I just got to thinking about old Christmas photos and I'd love to post any that you can share from your childhood.  Those who can scan in a photo, send me an email of your Christmas pictures of the past and I'll put on my blog.  That will be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment