My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, December 29, 2012

I'm Packin'!


Never give up an opportunity to say 'I'm Packin'. Makes me  sound like I'm a tough not meant to be messed with.   Okay. Only in my own mind.

I woke up early (my usual routine) and while I had intended to stay in bed until 7, my body just wouldn't get comfortable so I got up to shower, shampoo, and start packing my bags.  Been creeping around the house quietly but I know Mary hears every move I make.

I fixed a cup of coffee and heated up a bran muffin so now I'll goof off online and work a crossword puzzle until we leave around noonish.  Mary and Andy have HD (and 3-D) on their big screen TV so I'm tempted to see if I can rent a movie this morning and watch a 3-D flick.  They went to see The Hobbit last night but opted out of the 3-D version as they don't like wearing the glasses and paying the extra fee.  Long movie so I stayed in to watch 'The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel' with Judi Dench. I liked it.


We went over to Dick's Sporting Goods as I was looking for some sweat pants. I felt they were a little full of themselves as I saw price tags like $50 and $85 a pair.  (for lightwt next to nothing)  I had Mary drive over to Target and I found a pair for $5 on sale.

I had a really nice time visiting. I don't leave my own abode much so any away time is often spent looking forward to getting home again.  You'd have to be nuts not to want to visit here, however. Especially when you're driven  everywhere and waited on hand and foot.  The food is good and even the dishes are pretty.  And it's always nice to have a really good bed with your own bathroom.

I wasn't able to get any shopping done because of my broken down body but I didn't actually need to spend money anyhow.  Bowling was fun and so was just stayin' in to watch TV.  I'm also glad I was able to hook up with an old classmate I hadn't seen in a while.

Well, I thought I had my pictures all filed the way I wanted them in special folders but as I laid in bed thinking about it, I realized I have some folders of family and friends that still need to be sub-filed in other folders.  It's what Virgos do, I guess.




No comments:

Post a Comment