My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, December 9, 2012

A quiet Sunday at home

Last night as I sat in the recliner debating on whether to get up again and google "leg cramps", I decided the hell with it and just sat there having a stern talk to my lower extremities, letting them know I wasn't at all pleased with their behavior these past months.

I wasn't that interested in television and kept it on the PBS station while I finished a book I was reading by Richard Belzer.  Channel 9 was running old music  from the 70's and every now and then, some act would catch my attention and I'd stop reading to listen.  Like this one that cute Bobby Darin did...  It's beautiful.


Interesting bio on him you can read at imdb.com. His first name was Walden and he suffered from rheumatic fever as a kid which probably contributed to his early death at age 37. I think I'll hunt up that movie 'Beyond the Sea' that Kevin Spacey starred in.

I managed to get two pans of fudge made up today, and I'll work on the breads tomorrow. Yesterday I made a lot of cookies so I think I'll have enough for several Xmas goodie packages to take into PT on Wednesday.

Went over to see Jenni's tree this afternoon. They always have a really nice one that is shaped perfect. I took a picture of it but my camera hasn't sent it to my Picasa album yet and I can't figure out how to access Picasa on my computer.  I'm hoping Mary or Catie can sit down with me at Christmas and show me how to maneuver that website.  I saw over 150 pictures on my camera that I want to delete but I don't feel like doing it one at a time. I know there's a way to do it online with a click of the mouse, but I couldn't find my album and finally gave up in disgust.

One picture that was there was the popcorn machine that Jenni won at the wine tasting event she helped organize for the campfire fund. At least I think that was who the money was for. They raised over $4000 with their silent auction. Jenni had the microphone and hammed it up good from what I've heard.  Hunter put together the popcorn machine this morning and it's really cute. Costs close to $200 new and I think she spent $20 on raffle tickets. 




 
Jenni is out Xmas shopping a little right now. She told me as she was leaving the house, the kids said:
 
Where 'ya going?
Christmas shopping.
For who? Us?
Yeah, probably.
What store are you going to?
The Dollar Tree and Goodwill.
You're starting to sound like Gramma.
 
(Actually The Dollar Tree and Serenity House is more my style)

Looked over the tv line-up for tonight and found a movie I might tape at 10:30 to 1 a.m. but couldn't find anything else except a two-hour Amazing Race that I intend to tape and watch later. Way too many commercials and my time is precious.  I'll probably look over my Netflix streaming channel to find something to amuse.  Or I'll hit the sack and do some reading.

I set two of my houseplants out on the back deck this morning.  The cold will kill them off but that was my intent.  I've got three spider plants and all of them look dreadful with brown tipped leaves.
I googled the subject and it told me I had to use a special dirt and special water. Way too much work so I'm letting one live and casting the other two outside. I don't need three spider plants anyhow.

Posted on my Town Kid blog yesterday and my 'What do you say' blog this morning. I also commented on another guy's blog and sent a letter to the PDN editor.  Now I'm done with this one so that should do for a while.

Just took a second look at my Picasa website and found Jenni's tree is there now. Also took a picture of Wayne trying to fix their garbage disposal as it was leaking all over the kitchen floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment