My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, December 20, 2012

It's getting closer....

Winter starts tomorrow. On the plus side, I think that's the shortest day of the year so the daylight hours will begin to lengthen, if only a little bit at a time.  I don't really mind winter all that much but I definitely like spring more.  Have noticed I seem to need more naps in winter. I guess that's normal. Speaking of which -- I just took one in my recliner. Lasted about 50 minutes but I easily could have stretched it out longer.

I stopped at Grandview Grocery this morning as I needed to pick up some more stamps. Decided to buy a daily game ticket while there because last night's dream was still stuck in my mind and I felt I needed to play 039.  I had dreamed that Barbara Shaw and I were stealing a really neat pick up truck from the mill parking lot to go shopping. She stopped to buy gas and told me it cost her $39 to fill it up. I told her I would pay half. We were nice car thieves and intended to return the truck when we were done cruisin'.  Barbara has a birthday this Saturday; I guess that's why she was on my mind.

Yvonne and I went to the library this morning. I picked up a really nice cross stitch book for a dollar in the gift store. Everything was half off. Then we went to Safeway and Jack in the Box. Tomorrow morning early I have to run across town to Walmart.  Am dreading it but I need to pick up a prescription as well as some Xmas dinner ingredients.  Maybe if I go early enough, I'll beat the crowds.  Sure am thankful I don't have to fly somewhere for the holidays. Or even drive.  I'd hate that.

Was feeling a little under the weather the past few days. The big D in the lower tract if you get my drift.  I'm never sure when I'm hit with a bout if it's something bad I ate or a bug of some kind. Whatever it was, I'm thankful it made its appearance before Xmas day when I'll have company here.

I don't really have too much to share in the way of pictures so I think I'll add a couple I saw on Facebook.  Here's one my former neighbor posted of her husband in a sea rescue drill. He's a coast guard helicopter pilot and was based here in P.A. but is now in Alaska.  I love to see how much their kids have grown

I thought this next FB photo was so beautiful, I ordered reprints thru Walgreens and will stick in a couple of Xmas cards.
And here's another that caught my eye..



 My new pen pal in Pittsburgh sent me this photo of a view near her house.
And here's a couple I took yesterday monkeying around with my camera. The first is a bowl of marbles and rocks that I have in the bathroom. That hippo dish is one of my favorites. Mary Norton brought it to me from Africa.  And notice that little pin of a computer sitting in it? That was Kris Logue. 
This next picture shows a small coca cola bench that Linda Pedersen gave me. I bought that girl on a bicycle at Michaels. It's a Xmas decoration but I intend to leave it out year round cause it reminds me of my younger days.

I finished a super good book yesterday. 'The Elephant Whisperer' by Lawrence Anthony. One of the best books I've ever read. I couldn't put it down. Intend to pass it around on loan. Yvonne has it right now.

Well, guess I'll pull the garbage and recycle bins out to the alley.  Will probably just head back to my recliner and watch television. Katie Couric's shows have been pretty entertaining lately.  Unlike Howie Mandel's latest game show called 'Take it All.'  I'm disgusted with the the way that game is conducted.  Lying and deceit is encouraged and it all leaves a bad taste in my mouth afterwards. Kind of like Jerry Springer and Maury Povich's STUPID AND LOW CLASS programs. Who gives these guys airtime anyway?

Hunter just called and wants to come over so I'm off to the school.


No comments:

Post a Comment