My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, December 30, 2012

The Year is Almost Over

Boy, am I glad I'm home all safe and sound. The news shows airplanes hitting freeways, busses running off snowy cliffs, crazy people pushing others in front of trains, and the stupid terrorists up to their same ole tricks.

I got home about 3:00 yesterday afternoon. Mary Norton picked me up at my brother's place in Port Townsend and drove me back to her house (in the pouring down rain) where my car was parked. I had a wonderful time visiting at my daughter and son-in-law's house.  Wed night we had leftover prime rib and yummy red mashed potatoes. Thursday we ate at an Italian restaurant in Issaquah and Friday we had homemade chili and corn muffins.  It's amazing how much better food tastes at other peoples' houses. Which reminds me...I have to get that corn muffin recipe from Mary. I've become interested in watching golf for some reason. I had a ball tuning in on Mary and Andy's large screen HD TV. I kinda wish I had one now. I better get back to buying my lotto tickets.

By the time I unpacked and did a little cleaning, I was exhausted. I hit the sack at 8:20 and slept ten hours. I had turned off the heat when I left and it must have got pretty cold in here as both my fish were dead when Jenni came in to feed them. I flushed them down the toilet today and felt kinda bad that I more or less brought on their demise.

Today I undecorated the house and put all the Xmas stuff in the back bedroom. I'll start putting them in bins tomorrow, and if I'm more successful than I was last year, I'll be thinning down the decorations. Every time I try, I find myself unable to part with even one.

We left right after dinner on Christmas so coming home to see my presents again was like having a second Christmas. I didn't really get a chance to play with anything. One of my favorite gadgets is this little speaker Mary and Andy gave me. You charge it with your computer and then hook it to your Ipod to hear the music.  Works really great too! I'm excited to use it in the car or kitchen.
One of the great things I liked about staying with Mary for a few days was that I learned how to use more of my "toys."  My Smartphone was too hard for me to use as a phone so I went back to my flip phone. I can still use my smartphone, however, for taking pictures or getting on the internet.  My flip phone also takes photos and so does my Ipod Touch. (and my regular camera, of course)

I changed my ringtone on my phone to the Bee Gees song, "Stayin' Alive."  Sorta my theme song as I work my way through my golden years.  Ha!  Mary also showed me an easy way to work on my photos when I want to crop or lighten, etc.  I was going through all these unnecessary steps and am thrilled with the ease I can play with them now.

Here are some of the Christmas pictures I took on Tuesday.
 This picture on the left was a gift from my sister and I have it hanging in the bathroom. It says "Welcome to the Can."
 I didn't know I was collecting rubber duckies but I guess I know now.  Ha Ha
 Catie gave me a really nice Mickey Mouse calendar.  I love it!
 I hung these tin elephants here in the computer room that Jenni gave me. They look absolutely wonderful!
 Here's Sue who had to go to work later in the day. She'll be working New Years Eve as well.
 I had to laugh at this one. Catie is playing on her tablet, Maddie is playing on hers, and Paul is watching tv. No one talks.  Which is how it should be.  hee hee
 Poor Hunter. He was sick with a cold/flu and felt awful. He had to miss going to Renton but gets to go next month. Wayne is here keeping him company on my bed.
 Mary is helping Catie with some setting on her tablet.
This cup from Jenni is used in the microwave to cook bacon, of all things. You apparently hang the bacon over the side and the grease drips down to the lip below.  I also got a set of guitar chord charts to help me learn to play. I may open that tomorrow.  Oh, and I got a couple books about serial killers. I must admit Jenni is certainly creative at the things she picks for me to amuse myself. 

 
I also received four puzzles  so I've got plenty to keep me busy and off the streets.  I'm still going out to the streets tomorrow,though. Yvonne and I made plans for lunch at Frugals. Now it's time to settle in on my recliner with my knitting needles. "Call the Midwives" is on at 7:30 and I've been eagerly awaiting for it to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment