My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, December 28, 2012

Last Day in Amber Wood

It's 7:04 a.m. and I've been up for about 40 minutes. Amber Wood, by the way, is the name of this community where Mary and Andy live. I've been creeping around quietly so I don't wake up anybody. Meaning Mary. Andy and Maddie will be out for a minimum of two hours yet.  Mary, however, will think she needs to come down here and wait on me.  But she doesn't. I can find everything myself. And on that note, I'll show you....  (hee hee...she's probably not going to find this amusing but I needed some pictures to post)

It's always kind of fun to poke around in your children's home to see what they eat, how they decorate, and what they find to amuse themselves. Everyone of my kids are different. I guess all parents say that.  Mary has a fine tuned taste in decoration and food.  Some of the stuff in her pantry, I wouldn't haven't the slightest idea what to do with it. Like capirs and organic lite coconut milk. Here's her pantry....
Her kitchen is large and has those granite counter tops you see on HGTV home decoration shows, and her stove is gas on top and electric oven on the bottom.
 
The front entryway has a staircase going upstairs to four bedrooms and two baths. Plus the laundry room. Downstairs there's a fifth bedroom and another full bathroom. Also a dining area off the kitchen, a large living room (with fireplace) and a second living room looking out on the front porch that has a swing.
The picture above shows the front of the house living room and off to the left is a hallway going down to my bedroom and bath. If you click on the picture to enlarge, you might see me in the mirror taking pictures.

On the way to the front living room is another rec room where they have this monster that I won't even attempt to climb on.
Their coffee pot is one of those that makes one cup at a time. I forget what you call it. I just call it the coffee pot.
Yesterday we went to Southcenter. I didn't really have anything I HAD to buy but I did want to pick up a couple of items.  I had problems walking any length of time at Silverdale a few weeks ago but I thought I was feeling chipper enough to tackle Southcenter.  And guess what!! I was wrong! The place is way too big for old fat ladies with bad hips.  I did notice, by the way, that most of the shoppers were younger than me. I saw few old folks.

We ate burgers at the food court (Rocket Man or something like that) and Maddie was able to find a jacket she liked.  It took forever to walk to the restroom and once you got there, you had to walk down a very long hallway.  Ticked me off!  I thought I could walk my way through the hip pain and I hung in for a while but it didn't take long for me to realize I really needed to sit down.  And that ticked me off too!

Thankfully, they were all very accommodating and didn't mind that I request we leave.  The place was dang noisy too!  And crowded.  I guess I'm not good in malls anymore.  If I had had a wheelchair, however, I would have loved to have been pushed around for a couple of hours.  Mary would have have retrieved one but I wasn't about to let her.  I still picture myself as someone who can go wherever she wants when she wants.  Ha!  Probably the best fun I had there was people watching.

Whenever we were in the car, Catie and Maddie had themselves immersed in their gadgets.


One of the gifts I gave Andy was a meercat statue you can put in your backyard or garden. They sell them in various sizes and looking in various directions. I just loved 'em!
Later in the afternoon, an old classmate friend of mine came by to visit. Ann Robson (Judy Scott) lives in Issaquah with her husband, Andy. She's a retired school teacher and said her place is fairly close to Mary's house.  We had a great time catching up and then Maddie took our picture acting goofy. By the way, google or go to Wikipedia to read up on the MODEST MOUSE band.  They've been on Letterman and Saturday Night Live and are quite popular. My granddaughter, Catie, knew their music well and loves them.  One of the members (although he's recently retired from the band) is Eric Judy -- Ann's son.

After she left we went to Issaquah as we  wanted to eat seafood at Coho.  There was an hour wait,however, so we went to an Italian place called Lombardie's.  Then Mary dropped Catie and Maddie at Catie's apartment so they could make cupcakes.


Mary,Andy, and I came back here and watched the Kennedy Awards which she had taped for me. I wanted to see Dustin Hoffman and they wanted to see Led Zeppelin.  Afterwards, I went to bed and they stayed up waiting for Catie and Maddie to return with cupcakes.  I know I should fix a muffin or some toast for breakfast but darn, those cupcakes are looking mighty inviting for a quick little breakfast snack.  Nahhhh....I'll wait till lunch.

Today (maybe) Mary and Andy will take Maddie to a matinee. Sometime today or tonight, they'll order a movie on the TV for me. I want to see 'The most exotic Marigold Hotel.'  I love that they have movies on demand. Much more fun to sit on the couch and watch them on the big screen tv.

I've been working on my picture files a little every morning and am making some progress. Today, I'll work on a crossword puzzle, watch television, and just sit back and enjoy being waited on. I think we're having chili tonight, and then tomorrow (I'm guessing at 11 or 12) we'll take off for Port Townsend. Mary Norton is gonna' pick me up and bring me back to her house where my car is parked. I might do some shopping in Sequim before heading back to Port Angeles, and I just might stop to visit some friends in Green Acres too.

Well, it's 7:50 now and I hear movement over my head. Guess I'll sign off and turn on GMA.

No comments:

Post a Comment