My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, December 16, 2012

It's a Blogging Sunday

I don't really have anything pressing I HAVE to do today so I'm spending the time sitting here amusing myself on the lap top.  This is my third blog post today. When I finish, I'll go fix lunch and then come back to start cleaning up computer and photo files.

My brother, Dana, stopped in yesterday. He was in town for a 10K race and won first prize in his age division. I don't think he's been here for three years.

I posted on both my Leader blogs this morning.  One is called 'What do you say?' and the other is 'Town Kid'.

I've been putting up pictures that arrive in Christmas cards on my refrigerator but I haven't received that many. Guess cards are becoming more of an expense for most folks.  My trips to the post office take a big chunk out of my budget sometimes.
I had a pretty nice "pain-free" day yesterday.  It was something I didn't take for granted. I dared to hope the leg issue was easing but alas, I woke up at 3 a.m. with a dull achy pain in my upper thigh. It never did turn into a full spasm/cramp, however, so I was thankful for that. I finally did get up at 6 a.m. because it just wouldn't let up.  Discouraging but I'm going to put more effort into doing exercises for the periformis muscle (cause I think that's what it is).

My little "tics" and tiny electric shock-like movements come and go too. Sometimes they're gone completely and other days they're more noticable.  Oddly, my tinnitis kicks in sometimes during those too.  I can't imagine that they're related. It doesn't make sense to me. Other people have told me that they have little quivers, tremors, or tics from time to time too so I guess I won't get too worked up over them.  Just curious to me what causes them.  Maybe the medication I'm taking?  Maybe something else?  Another note on  my list when I get to see that neurologist in February.

It just occurred to me that I don't have any 2013 calendars yet. I'll have to start looking around businesses for free ones. Surprises me how much really nice calendars cost these day. Double what they should be.

My brother leant me Neil Young's autobiography called 'Waging Heavy Peace.' Neil said one of his favorite songs ever was Crazy Mama by JJ Cale. I'd never heard of this song or this singer so I went to YouTube. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment