My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, December 3, 2012

Monday night

Almost time for Wheel of Fortune so I guess I better hurry this up if I'm going to blog today. Not much going on around here to speak of.  I got a few more gifts wrapped this afternoon and I'm pretty sure my shopping is complete.  I went online to try and find some inspiration for decorating my gifts but most of the videos were annoying.

I'll just decorate my same ole lame way, I guess.  I always start out with good intentions but I think you need to invest in more supplies than what I've got laying around here. Everytime my daughter, Mary, brings her gifts over, I look at them with envy as they're decorated so pretty.  I think it 's kind of like handwriting. Some  people have a nice, smooth, and easy way of writing and others...well...like me, our handwriting looks like we're unstable.

I went to the downtown postoffice this morning as there was a problem with the last thing Hunter sold on ebay. (stolen in transit) so I spent a lot of time online trying to figure out what I had to do to file a claim. After ten minutes on hold with ebay, I was told I had to file a claim with the postoffice. That took a while too but I finally printed off a form. Then found out I had to take it to the post office. I HATE GOING TO THE POST OFFICE!

Sure enough. I get there and the line is so long, I can't even get inside the door.  I knew standing there for a half hour was going to kill my back so I opted to leave.  I'll try again tomorrow since I have a package to mail anyhow.  I'd go to the corner grocery store substation but I'm betting they'd only send me downtown.

I stopped at Serenity House which is right next door as I needed half a dozen Xmas cards. I found 5 of this design...
It doesn't say anything on the back except made in USA.  Kind of looks like WWII or the Korean War but I'm not sure.  Different looking anyhow.  After I left there, I stopped at Swains a block away to get the last gift on my list.  I've noticed the crowds are out and about quite a bit.

Saw this picture on Facebook of Maddie and her girl friends at school. Maddie's in the green in front.
I saw this right after I got home from taking her across town to basketball practice.  It's always interesting to listen to the kids when I've got them in the car.  Maddie, especially, seems to talk nonstop. Mostly about her classes, her friends, sports, music, and boys.  She wanted the radio on her station so I accomodated her and then put my Roy Orbison CD back on after she got out.
I felt  kind of sad driving home.  Roy's songs can take me back to my teens  quickly and nobody sings a sad song like Orbison.  It made me realize just how old I am and how long ago that was.  Must be the holidays making me weepy.
And on that note...here he is...


No comments:

Post a Comment