My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Early Thursday

Sitting here at the kitchen counter looking out on the gray sky. Andy and Maddie are still in bed and Mary left a half hour ago for physical therapy on her knee. I've had a hot shower and hot coffee and a muffin. GMA is on the big screen TV and I'm ready for another day of action.  Well, sorta.... I am tired and have already decided I'll stay home and watch the Kennedy Awards that Mary taped for me instead of going to the movies.  I was only lukewarm on seeing it and once I found out it was three hours, I decided that was too much to ask of my body.  She's already sending me little signs that she realizes we're not at home.  Ha!

Ann Robson is coming by this afternoon. (That's Judy Scott to those of you that were in my class) She's lived in Issaquah for years so I assume she won't have too much of a problem following the directions Mary gave her. I know I could never find this house.  I just sit in the back seat and let myself be driven. 

Andy, Maddie, and I went bowling yesterday. I posted a few pictures on Facebook but since I know some folks don't  use FB, I'll repost them here.  I have three "gadgets" that I can take photos with but none were particularly good in the dark bowling alley. This first one was with Andy's phone.




I haven't bowled since the 70's and was surprised I was able to even break 100.  I could have gotten higher scores if I could have bent down more at the goal line and threw the ball harder.  I didn't think anyone would be there at 11 a.m. but I have to remember it's different on this side of the water. There were four large screens down by the pins running while you bowled. Sports, cartoons, and rock videos.  Loud and distracting but somehow you can ignore them.  And the scoring is all done electronically.  They also had these pushable light ramps that could be pushed to the goal line for young tots to bowl.  There was a birthday party going on for 2-year old twins next to us.  Cute but distracting.  Yeah, I'm a crabby ole woman.  Course if it was my grandchildren, that would be different.  Ha!

I came in third on the second game (we only bowled two games) but second on the first game and  Andy only beat me  by a point.  What most surprised me was the cost.  Maddie and I rented shoes and used house balls and it cost $40 total to bowl the hour. Afterwards, we went to Wendy's for burgers and fries.

Today we're going to Southcenter and over to see Catie's apartment.  And maybe to dinner. We had leftover prime rib last night with mashed red potatoes.  Yummy!  I went to bed early and will probably do the same tonight.  That's okay, though. At least I didn't back out of coming like everyone thought I would. And I must admit, I am glad I came.

1 comment: