My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, December 1, 2012

December First -How'd that happen?

 
Can you guess what this is?  It was taken with my cellphone at night.  Obviously, that camera doesn't take night pictures.  I'll go out and take a day picture of the same thing right now....
 

Even in the daylight I guess it's hard to tell, but out there on my little tree is a strand of night lights. They're quite pretty in the black of night as all you see from the window is a weird circle of lights suspended in the middle of nothing. Last year Hunter and I put up lights on all three of my little backyard trees but I wasn't in the mood this year.

Had the same feeling when it came to house decorating.  I do love my Xmas decos and it's hard to not put them all out but I forced myself to limit them this year.  Some are so dear that I HAVE to have them displayed for the month of December, no matter what.  Like the homemade ones my cousin Sue Johnson made me over the years.

I've accumulated a lot of the McDonalds dalmations but decided to put out just a portion this time around. Here's the bin of what I'll save for next year.
Not sure why my camera phone isn't taking brighter pictures. I'll have to see if Catie can help me with that while she's here.  She's very good on the computer too, and did manage  to get my Gmail back to the original setting instead of the 'new format' Google presented. I clicked on using it but then couldn't figure out how to go back to the other.

Catie may also (if she has time and I have to be patient) may be able to help me with a project regarding pdf. formats.  I wanted to scan in my four annuals from the 50's & 60's and post them on the high school website that has an alumni section. I'd also put them on my alumni blog.  The process requires that all my jpeg. pictures that I scan in be converted to one pdf. document.  I don't know how to do that but I do know you have to pay to get a certain pdf. program and it ain't cheap.

Catie can do it from work on her off hours but I'd have to scan in the pictures (a long process) and then send them to her in a zip file. (also something I'm not sure how to do).

Man, it's coming down hard this morning. Wish I didn't have to go out but I'm eager to get a Xmas card picture of the twins, Catie, the dog, and me.

Just talked to Jenni on the phone (she's at work for half a day) and we were discussing Xmas gift buying among other things.  Somehow we got around to the subject of her favorite story regarding me.  I was at her house and looking over her book collection, trying to decide if she had something I might want to read.  I came across one titled "How Not To Be Like Your Mother."

"WHAT'S THIS?" I yelled.  "Why would you have a book like this?!"
"Cause you gave it to me!"
"Oh...."
(I love my memory)

Man, I sure am stuffed up this morning. I wonder why. I've got to remember to keep a pan of water simmering on the stove now and then. I assume the dryness in the house is what's causing this stuffy head.  Here's a quick roundabout tour of some of the Xmas decos I did opt to set out yesterday.




And here's Neil Young from 1979.  I do love his music.




No comments:

Post a Comment