My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, December 14, 2012

Ten days till Xmas Eve

I thought I was gonna' have a free day today but somehow or another, I always manage to fill it up with a little job here and a little job there.  I have a TV in my bedroom and it's the first thing I turn on in the morning as I wash up and get dressed.  Good Lord but the killing just never ends.  Senseless slaughter of innocents seems to be on the upswing and I can't, for the life of me, understand why.

There are several statistics out there showing the murder rates around the world. I saw one that showed the US with about 16,000 while Canada had about 500.  What's that tell you?  Gun control is needed?  Well, something is needed.  There are so many guns out there now, I wonder if it could be controlled.  It's not just guns, though. It's people with mental illness that go untreated and walk among us so their "rights" aren't compromised.  I can't see that being repaired any too soon either.  This could have happened in your own community.  What's even scarier is that the nut cases out there will see the publicity this is getting and they'll want to be a part of it.  I'm betting this is just another tragedy with more to follow. Sad.Sad.Sad.  And it makes me  madder than hell!

I made a run to Serenity House to see if they had any of those tubs you soak your feet in. I'd heard that taking a bath with epsom salts (which has magnesium in it) is good for cramps.  Well, I wasn't in the mood to draw a bath as I'd probably sit there soaking and wonder how I was going to get up again without killing myself.  Ha ha  I found an electric foot massager that you add water to for $5. I'll try that out today, and I just may give the bathtub some thought as well.

Actually, I think I'm feeling better today. I hesitate to type those words but I'm hopeful. I did up the amount of pills I was taking and changed the time of day I was taking them. I was swallowing three at bedtime and now I take two, three times a day.

One of the things I bought in PT on Wed was this postcard of senior rockers. It cracked me up.
I do get a kick out of watching Mick Jagger strut his stuff. Funny 'cause I never much cared for the Rolling Stones when they were young and popular and new on the scene.  Now, I think they're one of my favorites.

My sister is taking orders for "dammit dolls" if anyone is interested. She gave me one and you use it to pound on something when you're agitated. You're supposed to yell "dammit! dammit" to get out your frustration.


I went in to Safeway planning to buy just a little bit and ended up spending $52. Prices keep going up and up.  Course I had to buy some liquor so that didn't help the total. I got a small bottle of gin to soak golden raisins in as they're supposed to help pain.  I always have tonic water on hand these days too so that will probably be my drink come Xmas eve. Been a long time since I drank gin & tonic. I'm kind of looking forward to it.

A year ago (I'm guessing on the time but that doesn't matter) I saw this story on the news about apes
mourning? one of their group.  The picture caught my interest and I looked for it online and made a copy. I even framed it and had it displayed by my front door. (I'm weird that way, I guess)
Anyhow, I found the Nat'l Geographic video on it and thought it was  fascinating...



Well, time to get busy around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment