My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Busy day in Port Townsend

Swallowed a couple iboprofen and decided to "suck it up" and head into Port Townsend--sore mouth or not!  I did okay but suffered on the way home and felt really sorry for myself. Oh boo hoo.....

Anyhow, I made a few stops here and there.  First place was Claridge Court Apts. where my sister lives. She and Darlene Lindsey organized a coffee get together for the tenants so I took a few pictures and met a few people. Kay Harper was the only one I knew (besides Darlene).



Drove downtown to hunt for a couple of birthday gifts and kept my eye peeled for anybody I might recognize.  No luck except the lady who waited on me in a store where I found something I wanted. Lots of customers in there (all seemed to be buying) so we didn't get a chance to visit much but was nice to see her. And I recognized her voice before I actually saw her and knew immediately who it was. (Arletta Johnson Gould)

I drove around PT trying to get some good shots of the mountains but didn't go to the right "taking a picture place" as they were only so-so. I tried again when I got back to PA and took a shot in the Walmart parking lot. The PT picture was taken on Blaine near the entrance to the police station and golf course.  Cars were parked clear down past Del's and up on Walker both sides of the street. Not sure what was going on.  Either something with the pool or the food bank.  I was tempted to stop and look but it would have meant parking too far away and I wasn't in the mood.
 


 

Stopped by the hospital to visit my cousin, Bill Arey, who had hip replacement surgery, got an infection, and had to go back in and have the infection cleaned out and another hip replacement put in. They'll know tomorrow if the infection is one that will require him going to an out-of-town hospital for a couple more surgeries to rid his body of the infection and replace the hip.  What a bummer.

His brother, Lee, and sister-in-law, Elaine, came in while I was there so I pulled out my camera to get some shots.  Had one taken of me and Bill's wife, Teresa, too but I looked like hell so I edited myself out.


Bill is so funny. It was like watching and listening to his dad, Lyall, all over again.  They were discussing a rash he had the previous day and how uncomfortable the itch was.  They weren't sure if it was caused by the tape he had on or the antibiotic.  He was better but told the doctor:  "If it returns, just go out and buy me a flea collar."

Then they discussed bowel movements.  BMs are always of interest to hospital personnel no matter what you're in there for.  Bill had no qualms about discussing it in front of me either.  He mentioned to the doctor that they'd even given him something "at the other end."  Then he told the doctor: "We may have to get a chaplain in here to say a prayer over me for a bowel movement."  I don't think the doctor thought it was all that funny but I sure did!

My last stop of the day was a surprise birthday party for Ruth Kvinsland at Rich & Bev Stapf's place on Jacob Miller.  I didn't get as many pictures as I thought because I was using my old camera and it has a habit of turning off on its own.  I was clicking away thinking I was getting pictures but discovered when I got home what I was actually getting....nothing!

Here's Ruth with her two grandkids (both really cute and well mannered.)  They make Ruthie look like a midget.

Rich and Bev have a beautiful home -- and beautiful yard.  Kind of like a mini golf course really. Five acres in all and nice and quiet.  I was so disgusted with myself when I left. I sat at the bottom of their driveway trying to remember if I turned left on Jacob Miller if it would take me to the highway ....or did I need to turn right and go out Hastings.  Of course, I picked wrong and went the long way on Hastings.

I wish I had done my "usual bossy thing" and made everybody get in a group picture but I didn't.   Here's two I did get...
 Ruth & Nancy Schroeder (wearing her cute hat)
Rich & Bev Stapf soaking up the sun. Was nice to see John Kvinsland and meet Bev's son, Kevin, too. Really nice boys.  I mean MEN! 

Speaking of men, I've noticed that everytime I log on to facebook, the first entry on my home page is a link to "older men looking for girl friends."  Ha!  I ain't fallin' for that one!  I did match.com a few years back and all my "matches" (and they were scruffy lookin') wanted thin and young good looking chicks.  Such a dream world they live in.
I've got to make  a quick Safeway run now. I tried cleaning my car windows with a cheap window spray and I'm going back to Windex.  Think I'll buy some ammonia too and work on the house windows.  Also have to see if I can figure out how to take my vacuum apart. The 'retractable' cord is stuck and I only have three feet to work with.  I hate those rinky dink retractable cheap machines!

I might mow my back lawn too. It's half done but my mower needs adjusting and I'm just not in the mood to try and figure that out.  Would mean getting dirty and I'm in a delicate mood today.  Ha Ha

AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MARY NORTON!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment