My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Just plowing along.....

It's 1 p.m. and while I managed to get quite a bit done today, every single chore was a real effort. When my back is out, (which is what I "guess" is going on) being on my feet for extended periods of time is just "out of my network."  Ha!

I managed to wash sheets and remake the bed, clean toilets, unload the dishwasher, take out the trash, wash a sink full of dishes, and run three errands.  That was a lot considering my discomfort this week.  I also squirted my fruit trees with caterpillar killer.  I thought one of the trees was cherry and not plum but Hunter informed me that baby plums look like that.  So nice to have a kid around who's wise about so many things.  Both trees get more caterpillars every day and I keep spraying and knocking them off. Be glad when the season passes.  I love my little trees.

I've been "googling" and "binging" about my tongue issue but I couldn't find much except "possibilities" of what is causing the burned feeling.  Lots of people out there suffering with the same thing and that was comforting somehow.  I did go buy some Vit B12 as some thought that was needed.  Other possibilities were hormones, food or mouthwash or toothpaste allergies, and the usual.....age.  Oh yeah, cancer too.  You know cancer has to stick his stupid nose in everything these days.  I had the dentist check my mouth out and he said he couldn't find any oral problems.

It's a damn nuisance more than anything.  I'll just keep drinking water and hope it eases.  It did disappear for a while but it returned. Haven't been able to pinpoint why. Could be thrush or a yeast infection but I don't have a weird looking tongue or any of the other symptoms for that.  I'll tolerate it a while longer, although I don't know that going to the doctor will help as the people writing online tried all those avenues.

I spent a while editing my book yesterday. Played around with cover ideas but haven't settled on a picture I want yet.  I'm kind of teaching myself as I go how to edit on smaller size paper and insert photos.  It's exasperating sometimes but it should be worth it in the end.

Went to Goodwill and picked up a set of curtains for the living room. I need something besides see-thru lace during the summer afternoons when the sun shines.  I like having my venetian blinds up so I can see out into the back yard but I don't like to pull them up and down everyday as I notice the cord is wearing thin up by the top.  Not sure what I'll do if the cord breaks.  Have to get new blinds, I guess -- or just leave them down all the time.

Met Sue there so I could give her the reprints I made for her of her high school reunion.  She ID'd more of the people for me so I'll have to go on Facebook and tag those I remember.  Picked up a couple packages of flower seeds at Walgreens while I was there.  Think I'll plant some sun flowers.
Stopped by Subway to get a footlong for lunch.  So good.  I'm saving the second half for tomorrow.

Hunter and his dad sometimes go bike riding or hiking on the weekend.  He sent me some pictures he took with his phone and sent to my phone. I had to have him teach me how to get them off my phone and onto my laptop and I was happy it was easier than I figured it was going to be.  They were near an old railroad underpass by Lake Crescent. Pictures below.....






And here comes the rain again. Think I'll pull out the step stool and see about hanging some curtains.

No comments:

Post a Comment