My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Old Friends

These days all my friends are old.  Take Ruthie. She's celebrating the big 7-0 today!  Seems like a million years ago when we hanging up our party shoes and putting on our marriage aprons.
Here she is as my maid of honor in 1964. That's Pete Schweitzer who lives in Vancouver now. His wife was one of my bridesmaids and even though I haven't seen them in almost 50 years, we still keep in touch.
Don't I look happy?  hee hee Actually, I had a splitting headache. Too much excitement. I finally got a fella'.  Even though my waist isn't the smallest, I'd give anything to have one that size now.  I rented that dress in Portland for $25.

And here's one of Pete's wife, Carolyn, and my sister, Janie.  You can tell by the stuff in the background that it's the 60's. See the lamps and the punch bowl. You can kind of see the courthouse through the window. This was at my Uncle Jim's place on 19th & Haines.  Norma Holz made the dresses.
And farewell to Lumpy Rutherford.

Well, gotta go pick the twins up at school. They had a track meet in Sequim today and Jenni's extra busy at the bank tonight.
Been two weeks since my tooth extraction and I'm still taking the iboprofen.  Oh woe is me!

No comments:

Post a Comment